• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mextrek #10 Ride Report, Oct 2019, Galeana, Nuevo Leon, Mexico

The Hotel in Mission was great. When I checked in, the young clerk was looking at my drivers license and he asked the other clerk if Tennessee was a state? No child left behind.

20191024_151734.jpg

Beauty of the clouds clinging to the mountains overlooking the Plaza in Galeana.

Transmission shaft bearing gave up the ghost on the way to San Miguel de Allende. Disappointed having my time in Mexico cut short, but the failure could have occurred in Houston traffic.

Attachments

• 20191028_113806.jpg
    20191028_113806.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
IMG-20191027-WA0022.jpg
The bike was bellowing smoke entering the parking lot. "You looked like a shot up fighter coming in for a landing."

20191116_113750.jpg
Allan was a true blessing transporting my bike from Mission Tx to his home in Ashville NC.

Reactions: Dao
Pick up a copy of "MexTrek" by Richard Gibbens. It's chocked full of good information. Learn some Spanish. Mexico isn't just about the sights and events, it's the people. Talk to them. Your trip will be much more rewarding.

Thank you Peter for arranging the MexTrek events, Andre for guiding our small group, Jack Sands for hanging out until the wrecker arrived, Sean the Donkey Puncher, Valdemar for letting me store my bike, and Allan B. for getting the old GS back.

Back