• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mextrek #10.5 Destination: Santiago Xilitla Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will already be in Mexico and close to the end of a month long trip/ride. Maybe can swing by or not depending where the AP group nests at.

Glad to see a KLX250S leading the slow group. I've been wanting to make the Trek for many yrs now, but something always manged to get in the way. Too early to call this one, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've gotta close registration soon for anyone wanting to stay at the group lodgings. I'm gonna say Feb 7th, next Friday, if at all possible.

But not to worry, if you decide to come there are plenty of airbnb houses in Santiago within a mile or two of the square. You can always book on your own.

And hotels as $$$$$ as you could want, or motels as $ as you can imagine.

Hey Peter -- I registered a few weeks ago and sent PayPal.....just want to confirm you received it and add me to the list.

John Joyce

Hello everyone, I'm Justin and a friend of TheMagicMan who told me about this forum and trip to Mexico! I hope to meet you all soon.

I've been trying to work this in. Bought a 4.1 G tank for the 350 and higher gearing. But....the killer was getting sick and using all my vacation time. Now I have multiple trips that are getting cancelled.
If anything changes I'll be a very last minute addition but I dont see it happening.
Hope to see you in Big Bend Peter ( that only takes one day off from work)

I've been trying to work this in. Bought a 4.1 G tank for the 350 and higher gearing. But....the killer was getting sick and using all my vacation time. Now I have multiple trips that are getting cancelled.
If anything changes I'll be a very last minute addition but I dont see it happening.
Hope to see you in Big Bend Peter ( that only takes one day off from work)

Vinny, I have an open spot at the host hotel bunk room and a queen at the clarion for you. $150 for registration and 4 night's bookings, sag wagon, etc...

2 days away from work. No biggie!!!

Very interested in joining if this picks up again. I live in Dallas but went to school in Monterrey and my wife is from Linares. Very familiar with the area and would love to join in... Ride a 1200 GSA or 800 GS...

Very interested in joining if this picks up again. I live in Dallas but went to school in Monterrey and my wife is from Linares. Very familiar with the area and would love to join in... Ride a 1200 GSA or 800 GS...
Ryan, we'd love to have you. Linares is just down the road from both Santiago and Galeana, on the eastern edge of the area we ride in. Sean, Kodiyak, also attended engineering school in mty in the 90's.

Awesome... July will be really hot I went to Real de Catorce last July and it was really hot, but I am game...My wife's uncle owns the best hotel in Linares in case we need to leverage that... I went to school at Monterrey Tech and graduated '95

Awesome... July will be really hot I went to Real de Catorce last July and it was really hot, but I am game...My wife's uncle owns the best hotel in Linares in case we need to leverage that... I went to school at Monterrey Tech and graduated '95

The name Sean Sykora ring a bell. Same school, same time period.

No. I looked him up on linkedin and looks like he was there 98-99... I was long gone by then. I did Electronics Engineering and he did International Business... Great school, awesome times back in the 90's, things have drastically changed in Mexico since.... I still enjoy visiting a couple of times every Year...

No. I looked him up on linkedin and looks like he was there 98-99... I was long gone by then. I did Electronics Engineering and he did International Business... Great school, awesome times back in the 90's, things have drastically changed in Mexico since.... I still enjoy visiting a couple of times every Year...

We'll likely be swinging back by Monterrey for a couple days at the end of the After Party V5.0. We could use another tour guide!

Closing thread. Click this link to see the new Mextrek #11 in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back