• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mextrek #13 Santiago "Lite" April 22nd to 25th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't listen to lectures! US citizens returning home to the US are considered essential travelers according to the State Department website.
Its not the coming home that requires you to be essential.

Its the going down. Mexico does not currently allow tourists only via land or air.

But, its Mexico, no one cares. No one is asking. They want / need our dollars.

Sean (Kodiyak) had a fun get together of former and future Mextrekkers at his house last night in Houston. Fire pit, burgers, videos on the flat screen, even a sprinter van mud rescue!

Attachments

• IMG-20210306-WA0047.jpg
    IMG-20210306-WA0047.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 223
Getting things ready for trip.
Bike - oil changed, new tires spooned on. She is ready to roll.
Next - need to book a place to stay Wednesday night before.
Where do yo normallly stay/congregate?
And hope will be fine to leave truck there for a few days.

I'm not sure where people are leaving their vehicles but I wouldn't recommend leaving it in a random parking lot that close to the border, unless you need a new truck. My suggestion would be to leave it in a paid parking lot like one at the airport or a friends house if you know someone there.

We have a host hotel for Wednesday night in Mission, including secure parking. Details coming soon!

Motel 6 McAllen

Last edited:
Trying to get the vehicle permit online biut all the websites are in Spanish and I cna't figure out how to get it to translate. Anyone have an English website version?

Can't make this trip. Will anyone be posting GPS tracks of the various rides ?

Can't make this trip. Will anyone be posting GPS tracks of the various rides ?
Most of the routes come from Rich and his Mextrek guidebook. I think they are posted on his T.A.R.A. website. If not, let me know. I am sure we will make some new routes this trip.

Mextrek guidebook ?? Tell me more !

Found it, ordered.

Last edited:
Well, we did it. 53 guys in Mexico on motos. Their tales of triumph can be found here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back