• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MexTrek 2009 - Oct 14-17, Galeana, Mexico

Of all the riders registered only a few have posted that it's okay to post their name in an attendance thread. I don't really want to post riders names if I haven't been given permission to do so, so I'm going to make a command decision and not post any attendee's names.

Of all the riders registered only a few have posted that it's okay to post their name in an attendance thread. I don't really want to post riders names if I haven't been given permission to do so, so I'm going to make a command decision and not post any attendee's names.

I had my wife fill out the form and send it off, otherwise I would have put my username on there. Maybe next year put a space to put TWTex user name for this purpose? I agree that knowing who's going can help with planning and carpooling, but of course, on that same token, people can just post saying they are going. :deal:

How many do you have so far? 35-40?

New rear wheel bearings installed. Will do the front and new sprockets/chain tomorrow. Can't wait!

Richard, or anyone, do you guys know if they have had much rain down there this season? I've been watching radar and have noticed that around Montemorelos and north east back to Matamoros, there's been some rain, but cant really tell. Just worried about some of those nice washes out in the middle of the desert.

I just got done going through last years ride report...starting to get itchy now. Terra X, haven't even thought about rain down there.:storm:

Terra,

I haven't been tracking it. But, I did notice the last 2 weeks of rain systems that we got here in Austin have also been dropping rain in the mountains around Monterrey.

Terra,

I haven't been tracking it. But, I did notice the last 2 weeks of rain systems that we got here in Austin have also been dropping rain in the mountains around Monterrey.

Weatherunderground.com showed 4.5 inches in Monterrey, last week.

:eek2:

Should make the waterfalls nice.

Your Galeana WX Forecast:

662533289_uJNdg-M.jpg

Motocross clothes?

I'm wondering what gear to take. Last year, I took my Aerostich Darian coat and pants and wore long johns under light cotton pants under the darian, and a t shirt, fleece sweater, and the darian coat. Motocross boots. I dont remember getting cold but I do remember getting hot.

I was thinking of wearing my motocross gear, knee pads, elbow pads, roost guard, boots, but how do you keep warm and dry with that stuff on? Obviously, it would protect me better than the road gear.

Technically, I could have stopped and removed layers, but it seemed like there was rarely a good time to do that.

So you guys that wear moto x stuff, what do you do?

db

I still have a spot in my truck from Austin to McAllen leaving Tuesday A.M. if anyone wants to come along with me.

Back