• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mextrek 6 Ride Reports and Pics

TossingLead

Forum Supporter
Well we went down last Saturday and left this morning just crossing back in the states around 5pm, Had a Great time and Good seeing everyone.
Counted 55 bikes this morning.
Will post pictures and reports later.

Last edited:
That’s right, they call us the “Butterfly Killaz.”
ce04853b773338a31cbca8d30fe65298.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Happiness is no speed limit! FREEDOM!!!!!
199b1d4840c82f0d04c1b10938cbfce8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mzungo, how are those bags secured on the top? Do they hook under the fender like some others, mine included, do? Or have they come up with something better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mzungo, how are those bags secured on the top? Do they hook under the fender like some others, mine included, do? Or have they come up with something better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m using a rack to transfer the weight to the frame since there’s not much support on the KTM fender for the 35 to 50 pound loads I sometimes carry on this adventure–enduro bike. The recommendation for the rack and for the bags came from no other than Richard (that’s THE Richard or “Sir Richard“ to me.) Thanks Richard!

http://www.globetrottin.com

However, the bags are designed to be used with or without a rack. If not used with a rack, the manufacturer recommends using permanently attached fender clips. Mosko Moto include metal clips but clips available are from several firms in several different configurations.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Nn-y3E0rw"]Mosko Moto - Reckless 40L - Rackless Pannier/Duffle System - YouTube[/ame]

I’ve tried other bag systems on this bike and haven’t been happy with any of them, but this Mosko Moto Reckless 40 held securely with 20 to35 pound loads on this Mexico trip including a left side sliding crash.

d9a35dc0a54eb0f1f3d158fa476dc0f9.jpg
2ff6c1db48915b10a103fd54f3f436b5.jpg
f834d6c2f83f3fc93b04d8e91d9e9528.jpg

Last edited:
Well we went down last Saturday and left this morning just crossing back in the states around 5pm, Had a Great time and Good seeing everyone.
Counted 55 bikes this morning.
Will post pictures and reports later.
55 riders? Wow, that is a large group! Did you find the locals welcoming or unhappy with so many bikes at once in those small rural communities?

Fox

55 riders? Wow, that is a large group! Did you find the locals welcoming or unhappy with so many bikes at once in those small rural communities?
The locals are always fascinated to see our expensive and complicated machines and are happy to welcome our American wallets. Thankfully, they remain humble and still only charge 5-10 dollars worth for a full dinner and there's even an old man who, every year, will come by and "shine" (thats the only English word he knows) your bike for 10 pesos.

I had a fantastic time on my first MexTrek. I’d like to thank all of the organizers ride leaders, and contributors, that put in the time and passion to put this together. Richard’s ride guide is excellent and key to knowing where to go and how to get there. It was great to see some old friends, and meet some new ones that I can now call riding buddies. Here are a few photos from Thursday day 1 ride in to Galeana.

Wednesday morning in Austin, all clean, fresh new Shinko 805 on the rear. Half used TKC80 on the front. Here we go!
IMG_4937-M.jpg

Thursday in Montemorelos before Galeana.
IMG_4946-M.jpg

The big falls on the road to Rayones.
IMG_4949-M.jpg

Steve’s “long way in” group preparing to chase prairie dogs on the high range.
IMG_4950-M.jpg

--
IMG_4951-M.jpg

Nothing to see here, move along...
IMG_4952-M.jpg

The ride in from Rayones.
IMG_4966-M.jpg

--
IMG_4967-M.jpg

--
IMG_4969-M.jpg

--
IMG_4970-M.jpg

--
IMG_4971-M.jpg

Ahhhhhhh...
IMG_4972-M.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
I had a fantastic time on my first MexTrek. I’d like to thank all of the organizers ride leaders, and contributors, that put in the time and passion to put this together. Richard’s ride guide is excellent and key to knowing where to go and how to get there. It was great to see some old friends, and meet some new ones that I can now call riding buddies. Here are a few photos from Thursday day 1 ride in to Galeana.
And thank you, Warren, for being such a SUPERB ride leader! Friendly, cooperative, flexible and safe. Fabulous!!!

Last edited:
Cienega del Toro (backwards)

True Grit - John Wayne - 1969:

Cross-examining Lawyer: So, you say that when Amos Wharton raised his axe, you backed away from him.
Rooster Cogburn: That's right.
Cross-examining Lawyer: In what direction were you going?
Rooster Cogburn: Backwards. I always go backwards when I'm backing up.

Attachments

Last edited:
General Zaragoza. Still at high altitude at 8:00 PM. Refilling one of two flats, 38 degrees, 48 miles to go and dense fog. No problem!

Attachments

Best. Lunch. Ever. Like being in a western movie. Wow, wow, wow!!! This is Mexico - her people and her food! And with four of the best guys one could possibly moto with.

Attachments

And, a special thanks to whoever it was that told the hotel to shut up the freaking barking dog...

In Sayulita now...