• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mextrek #9: Destination Guanajuato June 22nd - 30th, 2019

ThomasM

Forum Supporter
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Mangold
I recommend the Baofeng UV-5R as a backup comm source. 5 mile range, led flashlight with blink function, $27. Can be paired into a Sena bluetooth hub and used seamlessly with SR10 and 20 and a push to talk button.
Agree on the Baofengs- had 'em and didn't test them before that fateful night - bad move on our part. But, inReach to the rescue. We accidentally were able to text each other via satellite. Figured out how to not make it an accident the next day (by reading the manual :doh:). Will be glad to do a tutorial on setting them up for anyone that's interested.

First Name
Doug
Last Name
Muxworthy
Hey Shadman I am a very possible on this ride. I'll be two up with my #1 Son since he is passported now. I'm not worried about lodging per your intro post but want to make sure your ok with bringing the Gman. Mom will require at least 10 check ins a day but you know how that goes ....

Attachments