• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MexTrek: May 27-30, 2010, Galeana, Mexico

Milton and I are in Tamasopo. We rode for 11 hours today on some excellent roads and arrived here just before 9 p.m. I just can't stop Milton from riding in the dark. At least he slows down a lot when the sun goes down so it's not quite as scary.

We found a new dual sport road that was fantastic.

My Husky did fine today. No mechanical issues at all.

Miltons DRZ keeps falling down, but other than that it was a fine day.

See you guys in McAllen on Wed evening or Galeana on Thursday evening.

:moon: :thpt: :shame:

In the event that someone breaks down in the middle of nowhere and it starts to rain and a fire fight breaks out between the drug cartels, I should have just the right amount of stuff to get me through the wilderness for a few days. :trust:

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Everybody have a darned good time in Ole Mex and take lots of pictures. Those Mexico-challenged types among us want to see them. And if you need to do laundry or wash some dishes, talk to Tom. He's got what you need.

Hey John T. You got a link to the nifty SCT maps????????

Re: Galeana awaits you

Hey Meeltone,
I'm headed down from San Angelo; might do a loop to Sierra Maderas del Carmen just below Big Bend-wish I had someone to ride that loop with but I make good time alone. Cross fingers for no flats and decent barrel gas.
Should be rolling in Thurs. evening.
Hasta jueves!
Jimmy
Looking forward to it Jimmy.
:chug: May all your gates and passes be open.
Adelante.

Catmasher, I pm'ed you my cell. I still have a spot in the truck available, and it looks like Wednesday to Mcallen, Sunday night return to houston.

Peter

Milton/Richard - looks like you trailered the bikes to McAllen. Where did you park your trailer?

In the past, folks have parked at the airport for the security and cheap rates.

maybe you'll get an answer from someone who actually knows.

In the past, folks have parked at the airport for the security and cheap rates.

maybe you'll get an answer from someone who actually knows.

Sorry I missed this Toltec. Last year, several of us parked at the airport. They have two lots for long term, but the one in the back is right next to the CPB office, plenty of security, $3/day truck only. I'm not sure how much more for truck and trailer.

Sorry I missed this Toltec. Last year, several of us parked at the airport. They have two lots for long term, but the one in the back is right next to the CPB office, plenty of security, $3/day truck only. I'm not sure how much more for truck and trailer.

Thanks. I decided against the trailer. Easier to load/offload, but too much trouble when I get there. The bike is loaded in the back of my truck.

Glad you posted that pic, Milton. Reminded me to dig out a couple of sigg bottles to bring some extra fuel in my pack. Should be on the road in an hour.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Everybody have a darned good time in Ole Mex and take lots of pictures. Those Mexico-challenged types among us want to see them. And if you need to do laundry or wash some dishes, talk to Tom. He's got what you need.

Thats funny... you guys have a great time and be safe.

Im officially ready! Cant wait.

yJXgQ.jpg
[/IMG]

Seriously you guys just need to leave. I'm getting tired of reading all about being excited and early trip reports. :duck: I may have to lock this thread or something equally drastic. :rofl:

Have a great time fellas! I wanted to go on this trip so bad but couldn't make the dates work. It sure sucks having to stay behind.

I'd say post lots of pics but I don't know if I can bear to see them :(

Lonely in Austin.

Today´s update

I´ve seem something today few other riders have ever or will ever seen - Milton calling ´no mas´. He has nearly endless engery so it only took four days of riding 12 hours each day when at 0'dark thirty this evening, still an hour away from Galeana, Milton decided to overnight in Aramberri. He was just worn out. Actually we are both quite tired. But I needed to get to Galeana to prepare for tomorrow´s ride to McAllen so I kept going.

Rode some excellent roads today and found a real gem of a dual sport road out in the desert.

Last edited:
My poor 'ole body Poppeye'd out. "That's all's I can stand, I can't stands no more."

Riding in the dark is one thing. Riding in the dark over the two passes between Aramberi and Galeana with storm clouds brewing and burros and cows unusually active, I ......, well, I said, "no mas".

At the room in Aramberi I thought I was gonna throw up. I think those chicas we met back in Dr Arroyo who shared their food with us tried to poison me.

Ahh, well. as Terra Scott says, This Is Mexico. The stomach distress I suffered last night seems to have passed. Much better today.

Adelante

Riding in the dark is one thing. Riding in the dark over the two passes between Aramberi and Galeana with storm clouds brewing and burros and cows unusually active, I ......, well, I said, "no mas".

Adelante

those kind of rides do make the best stories though :rider:

Have fun. Wish I could have gone. Quite a few of you showed up at my shop this moring looking for a helmet, but tires is what I do, sorry I couldn't help. Be carefull.

After all my planning and double checking everything. I left my helmet at home. :eek2:

Thankfully, the guy at the Honda dealership showed up early and I was able to get a new helmet on clearance for less than $100. It set us back almost 2 hours but it got resolved and then had a great day of riding.

Galeana is waiting for you. Can't wait to see the rest of the guys!! :thumb:

My poor 'ole body Poppeye'd out. "That's all's I can stand, I can't stands no more."

At the room in Aramberi I thought I was gonna throw up. I think those chicas we met back in Dr Arroyo who shared their food with us tried to poison me.

Ahh, well. as Terra Scott says, This Is Mexico. The stomach distress I suffered last night seems to have passed. Much better today.

Adelante

Dang It!!! I knew I should have gone! You wouldn't be doing that if there was a girl up ahead of you Milton :lol2:

Hope yall have a wonderful time. Hate that I am not there enjoying the fun!!
Ride safe!!!

Tom - I can't believe you forgot your helmet! Geez that sucks..i know you were looking forward to putting that fancy shoei hornet to use. oh well, sounds like all ended up well in the end.

ok, you guys..i'll be standing by for pics!

Ride 'em like you stole 'em...

Back