• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MexTrek: May 27-30, 2010, Galeana, Mexico

Dang It!!! I knew I should have gone! You wouldn't be doing that if there was a girl up ahead of you Milton :lol2:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Probably not.

But hey, Aramberi was nice.
Got up. Had breakfast in the hotel, when back to bed, bike parked outside my door. Door open, slight breeze, windows open, no other guests, I doze, someone is singing somewhere, someone is hammering now and then. Surf the 'net on the patio.
Not too shabby.

Ahh, well. as Terra Scott says, This Is Mexico. The stomach distress I suffered last night seems to have passed. Much better today.

Adelante

;-) Glad you are feeling better.

Here is a new one... for the guys sitting at home...
I.W.I.W.I.M.
I Wish I Were In Mexico.

You guys have fun!

I was planning on going but the dates didn't work out for. Oh well, I'll be back to Galeana before too long...

The gangs all here.

It rained on my group this afternoon, but all 7 in my group arrived in Galeana about 6.30 p.m.

By my count there are 20 plus riders here in Galeana.

Milton and crew just rolled into town...1230 AM from an all day scouting expedition. It´s been raining cats and dogs...streets turned to small rivers, and lots of lightning and thunder. Trailblazing in the rain on a KTM 990 doesn´t sound like much fun.

Catsmash and I had what I would call the best day of riding yet in Mexico...General Zaragoza by road for an authentic lunch, a southern loop of about 90 miles on rock roads, visits to the most scenic pastoral towns I´ve seen yet, and bombing some downhills with little regard for life or limb. Lots of helmet cam vids to follow when we get back to real civilization. 150 or so miles of motorcycing bliss.

Headed home

Most riders are leaving this morning. All that´s left is a 200 mile paved ride back to the border. I´ll get the ride report started when I get back. The group has lots of pics and stories to share.

There are a few wounded bikes and bodies from the dirt roads around here, but overall the group is in decent shape and definitely in good spirits.

Aight... we had a darned good time in Arkansas, where did y'all start your ride report? Linky please. ;-)

What a great time!
Can't believe I almost backed out.

Milton's face sums it up.
Ride in Mexico is fantastic!!!!

CIMG1154copy.jpg

Made it from Galeana back to Austin in 10hrs. Once again the Pharr crossing rocked, pulled up with only two cars ahead of us. Took about 5 minutes to cross! A local told me that all of the traffic was over at that new fancy bridge :mrgreen:

I'll wait on the official thread to post more picts but here's a few teasers.

DSCF1330.jpg

Jarrett couldn't help but wonder if there was a reason that this dolls arms were ripped off. Was it some type of twisted warning??

DSCF1348.jpg

Pink turned a few of us on to the best tacos in town. This place rocked!

DSCF1325.jpg

Don't ask Izz what put that small dent in his gas tank.. He claims it's a rather large dent!

Hi Rich. I hope all of you guys have fun down there and have a good time. Sorry I could not make it. I am still battleing this stuff in my throat, and maybe in my lungs now. My daughter Kim that suffered for years with ALS
(Lougehrigs disease) died last monthon April 13th. She was 31 yo. Maybe things will be better for next year, and I can go. Keep 'ol web foot up on the trac with his shiny side up this year. He does not need any more boo boo's like last year! Take Care RRM / Mike

Home

Well, everyone in my group made it safely to the border yesterday. We left the gas station in Galeana about 9:30 a.m. and made it to the Anzulduas Bridge about 2:00 p.m. or so.

I'll get the ride report started today.

The ride report is started -Linky

Riders, please add your stories and pics to the ride report.

Roughrider,

We missed you this year. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. Hang in there brother and get well soon.

With all the rain and mud our buddy Webfoot was a bit challenged keeping it rubber side up :) (but so were the rest of us). He made it through safe and sound this year.

Teaser shots

Made it from Galeana back to Austin in 10hrs. Once again the Pharr crossing rocked, pulled up with only two cars ahead of us. Took about 5 minutes to cross! A local told me that all of the traffic was over at that new fancy bridge :mrgreen:

I'll wait on the official thread to post more picts but here's a few teasers.

DSCF1330.jpg

Jarrett couldn't help but wonder if there was a reason that this dolls arms were ripped off. Was it some type of twisted warning??

DSCF1348.jpg

Pink turned a few of us on to the best tacos in town. This place rocked!

DSCF1325.jpg

Don't ask Izz what put that small dent in his gas tank.. He claims it's a rather large dent!
Scott. I moved these photos to the new thread.

Hi Mike.................
Good to hear from you, we enjoyed your visit. I wish you cou;ld have made it to Mexico with us. I know we would have ridden togather and you could have helped pick up my KLR every once in a while.
It was still a great trip with a super group of guys. Hope you get to feeling better.

Don

Hi Mike.................
Good to hear from you, we enjoyed your visit. I wish you cou;ld have made it to Mexico with us. I know we would have ridden togather and you could have helped pick up my KLR every once in a while.
It was still a great trip with a super group of guys. Hope you get to feeling better.

Don

I see you got the pictures I sent to you. How you doing Don?

Back