• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Meyer's Elgin Smokehouse - Elgin, TX

Reaction score
Name: Meyer's Elgin Smokehouse

Where:

Meyer's Elgin Smokehouse address is 188 US 290, Elgin, Texas. It's right next to the McDonalds in Elgin. Elgin is about 24 miles east of Austin on U.S. 290.

Do not confuse them with the other smokehouse/BBQ type place which is located on the same side of the street a couple of blocks west. That place is not as good.

What:

Their restaurant offers a big selection of beef, ribs, pork, turkey, and sausage with a traditional European flair. Try their "three-meat combo". Sides include: German-style potato salad, very spicy beans, a pickle slice, and a medium-sized drink... all for less than $10.00.

I ate there a few weeks ago. The prices were very reasonable. The food was great. The atmosphere was pleasant. The restaurant is big enough to usually get a window seat. There are no waitresses, and you refill your own tea all you want, ...which I like.

If you are rolling east of Austin, I encourage you to give them a try.

Last edited:
Very divided opinions on which place is better: Meyers or South Side - both on US290 in Elgin. I happen to agree with John B & vote Meyers hands down. If you don't get into anything but their pork sausage, you'll be doing good.

Back