• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mill Pond Farm Restaurant - Trinity, TX

10-95

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What Family style eatery. Pretty good steaks and awesome pie.

Where Don't ask me for an address. This place is just north of Trinity, Texas on state highway 19. One of those country restaurants with no address but everyone around knows it. Honestly, you can't miss it.

I went with my wife's side of the family to this place after a funeral last Saturday. I had the New York strip, mashed tators and sweet tea. Yum-Yum. I flirted with one of the waitresses until she brought me out a piece of key lime pie, drizzled with lime sauce. Folks, I would hurt someone to get another piece of that pie. :twisted: And people that know me know how I like key lime.

Just take SH19 north of Huntsville until you get to Trinity. Clear the towns 2 stop lights and look to the right side of the road. Plenty of parking for those with RVs.

per Google:

Mill Pond Farm Restaurant & Country Market
(936) 594-8711
515 Prospect Dr
Trinity, TX 75862

Interestingly, the map programs do not have that address. Perhaps someone could call and verify the address/location?

Thanks for at least attempting to get the format right ;-)

Was that the only kind of pie they had there, or did they have a selection?

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
Was that the only kind of pir they had there, or did they have a selection?

My thoughts exactly - a pie run close to home. Well, I was thinking pie, apparently Scott was thinking pir :mrgreen:

Tourmeister said:
Was that the only kind of pie they had there, or did they have a selection?

If they do Key Lime pie right, they don't need 'nuthin else on the menu! :hail

I guess they call SH19 "Prospect Dr"? It was on 19, not a side road, maybe that is an old address?

Anyhow, they had a pretty good selection. Some of the folks had lemon meringue (sp?). Not sure what they offer every day because they seem to prepare certain foods on certain days. At lunch that day they had homemade ginger bread. I remember that vividly beacuse you could still smell it. :chug:

All of the desserts looked like they were made right there.

Tourmeister said:
per Google:

Mill Pond Farm Restaurant & Country Market
(936) 594-8711
515 Prospect Dr
Trinity, TX 75862

Dang it!! I GOOGLED! I swear I GOOGLED!

Ooo - Scott: Grilled Cheese Sandwich for 2 bucks!

Ya' gotta love a place like that!

made the trip this past friday aug 12th
didn't eat any lunch altho it looked great. They had a buffett and menu u can order from.
I had a piece of cheesecake and a softdrink.
looks like it could hold over a hundred people.
just north of trinity maybe 1 mile on the right past the "hospital"
Mostly gravel parking.
seems that most of the locals eat there, and when i mean "locals". I swear i heard someone playing a banjo close to the woods.
(you woulda had to watch the movie deliverance to understandhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068473/

later
Michael

Keylime pie & cheesecake! What else to they need?

ZimZim - add this to the list, please!
(I guess if we can make it to Marble Falls, we can make it to Trinity)

led another group to here this past aug 28th. i thing 8 of us.
as we got there at 12:15. about 10 minutes after all the churches in the county.
waited about 15 minutes for our larger group to get seated.
the buffet was good, menue ordered stuff took some time but all in all good food and some great roads.
we did over 300miles that day
Michael

Tourmeister said:
And their desserts?
after lunch we didn't feel like anything else. since we still had a mess of miles to go.
I had a piece of cheesecake the trip before. it seemed to be good. i am not a big dessert person tho, sorry
Michael

Back