• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mitas E-07 Dakar 50/50 tires

Are y'alls E07 usually a little buzzy/bouncy for the first few miles? I've got about 100 miles on it now (mostly ~60mph commuting), and between 73-80 MPH I get a pretty good vibration from the rear tire -- it feels like it's out of balance. Below and above that speed it's smooth.

Will it smooth out as I put more miles on it, or do I need to pull it and check the balance?

trey

Should I ask if it was mounted in correct orientation? Is there any evidence of missing wheel weights? :shrug:

Should I ask if it was mounted in correct orientation? Is there any evidence of missing wheel weights? :shrug:

Yes, it's mounted in the right direction. Wheel weights all accounted for. I double check both the other night ;-)

I put a little over 200 miles of hill country 2 lane on it this morning before it got hot out and it's much, much, smoother. I think the hard edges just needed to soften on the lugs (which I can see visually that they have). It's about as smooth as a pure road tire now and I bet it'll get a little smoother yet with a few more miles.

40887573230_e87d163971_b.jpg

trey

Great news trey!

I did 380 miles yesterday on hot pavement. It won't take long to seat those tires in these conditions.

Last edited:
Wear update , Mitas e07 dakars . This is the back and front tires with about 4200 miles. You can see a couple wear areas highlighted with tape on the rear. The worst probably from the bend trip in March. This is hard pack gravel and asphalt wear . Majority being hard surface or Rocky Hill country type stuff . difficult to distinguish percentage-wise. It's amazing how well it bites in all conditions. I'm pleased so far. Even leaned way over a couple times and still maintains good control.
2d4697815cf1795da979f69658cf316b.jpg
9f18062bcc749142130af4a949684e5d.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Wear update , Mitas e07 dakars . This is the back and front tires with about 4200 miles. You can see a couple wear areas highlighted with tape on the rear. The worst probably from the bend trip in March. This is hard pack gravel and asphalt wear . Majority being hard surface or Rocky Hill country type stuff . difficult to distinguish percentage-wise. It's amazing how well it bites in all conditions. I'm pleased so far. Even leaned way over a couple times and still maintains good control.
2d4697815cf1795da979f69658cf316b.jpg
9f18062bcc749142130af4a949684e5d.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

That looks about were my rear E 07 are at 6500 miles on my 15 Vstrom XT one trip on the GDR from Silver City to Salida CO and running around the hill country and here lately 2 up, front tire came off at 4500 miles with split side walls on both sides 3/4 the way around
You might look at running a little less air to get some more miles i only ran 28 to 30 pounds in mine till i started ride more 2 up here lately.

Aaron

Thanks, I pressure down on off pavement tours but keep it to spec when I know there will be lots of pavement like the last last couple weekends

Good thing keeping a sharp eye out, as they say, lots riding on those tires

Last edited:
I'm not getting anywhere near that kind of mileage from a set of E07+

KTM 1290 SA ...

Recently, I changed a tube in an XR650 and used a welding clamp to pinch the tire.

038548001654.jpg

Last edited:
228601been having issues with bead leakage. Pulled it off and cleaned with solvent and steel wool. Caused by peeling out with low tire pressures. Need to quit doing this

Above...You can see the plug inside the tire. Pulled it out with pliers

Grind down in prep for plug patch. Vacuum and prep

Done. Hopefully I don't go out in the morning to find flat tire. I think its a good repair. I need it to be since there is still many miles left on this rear. It was more like a 1 cm long slit rather than a puncture.

How many on it so far?

I replaced my first E-07+ at 4200 miles. Didn't think it would make the planned trip.
Local trips mostly and maybe 20% off-tarmac ...

The second E-07+ I removed with about 6500 miles ... mostly hiway. Some of it mighty sporty.
Removed it because it was squared off so much I was fighting the bike in a turn.

Attachments

• Mitas_E07plus_02.jpg
    Mitas_E07plus_02.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 786
  • Mitas_E07plus_01.jpg
    Mitas_E07plus_01.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 695
Well it's obvious I'm scrubbing my tire too much. I got into a bad habit of 75% throttling just for the thrill of it. That's also a result of the bead debris on the rim causing the air loss.

Kinda like my 2.7 lt ford pick up. Slowed down to 65 mph yesterday on eco mode and realized 27.5 mpg avg vs the 18mpg going 83mph

I got that 6500 or so on my first rear eo7 and probably could have got more

Got out today and went out west to seven sisters ,freer, fowlerton,Campbelltown and home. 233 miles, I'd say the patch job passed the test

Well it's obvious I'm scrubbing my tire too much. I got into a bad habit of 75% throttling just for the thrill of it. That's also a result of the bead debris on the rim causing the air loss.

Kinda like my 2.7 lt ford pick up. Slowed down to 65 mph yesterday on eco mode and realized 27.5 mpg avg vs the 18mpg going 83mph

I got that 6500 or so on my first rear eo7 and probably could have got more

We hardly get 18 in our 2.7 work truck...

I've heard they are expensive...i was picking up E-07/Dakars in the end for 50ish Euro. The E-07+ for around 65-80 Euro. I have read the discussions online as to why they are double or triple the price here in N. America.
Mine say made in the Czech Republic so I'm sure the price has increased to tariffs etc.
There is a new tire coming this year from brigstone battlax that, if i remember it's a big block or one similar to the eo7. Need to look it up again. But the introduction of a new tire will automatically give a high price point

Bridgestone makes good tires. AX41 brand new for 19' said to be 40street/60 with enhanced longevity

Last edited:
I got 4400 miles on both mitas tires on my XR650L so far and the front is not even half way yet, the rear is 2/3 maybe only because I've riden them hard to galeana, both big bend parks, chihuahua and coahuila twice each. About 19 days of riding all terrains. I'm super happy with them, front tire never slips. I was considering 606 tires next but have heard they wont last as long. They got Ride ON in them and so never had flats. I'm 99% getting mitas again and on my vstrom too.

Reactions: my6
Back