• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mobile HAM radio on motorcycle

First Name
Joshua
RAM FINGER mount. You might get Inference using the battery eliminator I have on and off and tried various fixes and always went back to the on board battery.

The X-Grip mount will squeeze various buttons on the radio. I've tried it.

copb8

Forum Supporter
First Name
Bart
Last Name
Nale
RAM FINGER mount.
Hey, I think I have a brand new Finger Mount in a drawer somewhere!! I'll give it a shot.

I'm not impressed with the X mount. Have it on my S10 for my phone. If I put the phone in the ideal location within the X it hits the side buttons. Never felt very confident in it either. Especially when the going gets rough.

First Name
Joshua
Hey, I think I have a brand new Finger Mount in a drawer somewhere!! I'll give it a shot.

I'm not impressed with the X mount. Have it on my S10 for my phone. If I put the phone in the ideal location within the X it hits the side buttons. Never felt very confident in it either. Especially when the going gets rough.
I use an X-GRIP for my cell phone. I've had the Strom airborne and it's stayed put but I have an OtterBox on it htat has an external rubber sleeve. Probably helps a lot.

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Allen
I know, last friday i twisted my arm and get a Yaesu FT1X :rofl:

I am still waiting on my call sign to come in. :confused::confused:

First Name
Pat
Last Name
Hykkonen
You won't receive a copy in the mail any longer. You will need to go to the FCC ULS site and print a copy of your license if you want.

Congratulations on passing the exam!

First Name
Joshua
Didn't know they changed that. I got mine Dec of 14 and they were still mailing paper copies out.

RollingJ

Forum Supporter
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
I passed, too.

I wish I would have known that I could take the general exam as well for no extra charge. I didn't look at the general questions on hamstudy.org and I still only missed passing by two questions...

Last edited:
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Allen
First Name
Joshua
There seems to be an uptick in HAM radio interest and I think it can almost entirely be contributied to the influx of affordable radios out there. To most people HAM radio isn't going to be a big enough hobby (or are just a means to make another hobby better) and aren't going to want to spend the money the "big 3" want for their radios.

I'm glad to see more folks coming in for sure. :)

First Name
Joshua
There's been a few Chinese miniature HF rigs coming in. The ARFCOM (ar15.com) ham guys have been using some of them.

Sent from my iPhone

First Name
Jon
Last edited: