• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Modest Tank Bag Recommendations

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
I am starting to look for a modest tank back for my 1090. I would like it to use the quick connect type of connector instead of straps. Don't want one that is huge and gets in the way, just a smaller sized bag for a few odds and ends that don't fit into pockets.

Any recommendations ?

I use the Givi tanklock system. The nice thing about that is its the same mounting system for all of those bags. So you can have a smaller bag for around town and perhaps a larger bag for trips. Just pop one off and pop on the next. Sorry, I don’t have any experience with your specific motorcycle. I get the stuff on Amazon or Revzilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have the Givi ST-602 and it is plenty for me and I like the Givi quick disconnect system.

Hepco & Becker tank bags come with quick disconnects.

I’ve have a sw Motech micro. Uses a tank ring that’s common to other motech bags so I can use the same ring on the larger tank bags if I want. same concept as the givi line of bags With ring. Mine goes from 2.5 to 5 liter. Garage door opener, wallet, charging cables, gloves, insurance card, ear plugs and balaclava is about all I can put in it at one time. Length wise it’s just long enough for a Glock 19 or something commander size if pistols are your thing.

Thank you all for the useful input. I think after looking on-line I am going to try out the SW Motech like grumpy was saying. It is small and unobtrusive and the quick look seems easy enough. Thanks again for the guidance.

I have the sw-motech micro on my 2020 GSA. Fits great, just big enough for what you need. Pew Pew or otherwise. Happy to take some pics if it would help you. Just let me know.

My new home brewed T Bag special....

Ive been likin my Givi/Kappa Tanklock quik release bag with its easy to use lock ring mechanism. But....the bag I have is pretty large....sooooo

TaDaaa
20200424_103317_HDR.jpg
20200424_103326.jpg
20200424_103626.jpg
20200424_103529.jpg
20200424_103540.jpg
20200424_103513.jpg

I snatched a low cost leftover T Bags V Pack off of Ebay 14 x 91/2 x 41/2 & $15 shipped.
Removed the ZT480F locking mechanism from my Kappa bag (I'll buy an xtra one from Ebay for $25)
Removed the suction cups & tank protector
from the V Pack
Installed the mechanism on the bags bottom plate with screws
BOOM! a new bag option that fits the Strom tank justa bout rite.
The Tenere tank doesnt have as long of a top flat before sloping toward the seat.

TOTAL COST for bag & mechanism $40!

T Bags also had a slightly smaller version with a flatter bottom
Shuttle Pack 13 x 9 x 5

I have another one ordered if someone is interested
Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a like new swmotech, small one for $25 if anyone is interested. You'd need to buy the tank side HW to mount the bag for whatever model you are using it on. PM me if intersted.

If he's not interested I am, depending on which size/ model. It should have a small tag on it that says the model. Mine is the micro which is the smallest at 2.5 to 5l, I'd like the next size up, daypack or engage models. All these are the EVO line.

I'll find it today and post it. Its alot like the one in the pic. A bit larger I think

I have a like new swmotech, small one for $25 if anyone is interested. You'd need to buy the tank side HW to mount the bag for whatever model you are using it on. PM me if intersted.
If its the older style (pre EVO)...I have a universal Motech tank ring listed...jus need the bike specific bits to mount.

OK, here it is... I set it atop my gsa so you can see approximate size. Its a small size bag for sure. Says "daytrip"on the label. I'm not usre it ever was used, I don't recall, but it was in my wife's collection :-)

Attachments

• swmotech daytrip bag.jpg
    swmotech daytrip bag.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 180
  • tankbag mount.jpg
    tankbag mount.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 175
Dang it, about the same size as the one I have. Might work great for OP though. Those mounts can be interchanged pretty easily.

OK, here it is... I set it atop my gsa so you can see approximate size. Its a small size bag for sure. Says "daytrip"on the label. I'm not usre it ever was used, I don't recall, but it was in my wife's collection :-)
I think that bag fits the mount ring I have for sale

Back