• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Monday has Greenwood Store written all over it

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Monday Slackers..... the weatherman says we are to have a non-February type day on Monday.

I'm headed to the Greenwood Store (North of Decatur off 51 on FM 1204) for a burger.

Leaving the Hurst QT station on TX10 and 820 @ 9am.

Potty stop at the Exxon/gas station on 51 and 920 in Weatherford @ 10am-ish.

Greenwood Store @ Noon.

Great Super Bowl hangover reliever.... https://greenwood-grocery.business.site/

SS

;-)Oh! I thought you meant the greenwood saloon in bluff dale.
Hopefully next time, S, our Monday is booked.

Monday's weather looks too good to pass up. I'll see you in Weatherford. What bike will you be riding? I'll be on my orange Versys.

What type roads you planning? The Exxon in Decatur. is it south of 287?

Sorry for the late response. We were out of town for the weekend.

I think I'm taking my reddish colored R1200R BMW to the Greenwood store. Most of us will probably be on BMW's.

Roads? Nicer farm rds..... 920 from Weatherford, one US hwy... 380 and one small Farm road.... Greenwood Rd.

I'm slabbing home afterward. 51, 287, 820

I'll meet you guys over there. I'd been thinking about slacking since last week!.

I usually get my burger to go & walk over to the little park across the street. The Greenwood Country Store definitely has the atmosphere, but The Burg over in Forestburg has a way better burger!

Well now I need to go to Forestburg, because that was a huge good burger I had today.

2019-02-04%2011.56.17-L.jpg

Good ride today.

2019-02-04%2011.02.55-L.jpg

Pretty good burger today... was nice meeting you guys.

Couldn't stay out all day but did manage to get in a "spirited" ride on 455 over to Forestburg & back after lunch

Great (motorcyclist) minds think alike.
I guess the Greenwood store draws them like a mermaids siren song upon the jagged rocks!
I didn't broadcast it, but the were riders from the Dallas BMW club, DFW's Lone Star Riders, the dual-sport Kokopelli riders, and a few of my guys from BMWDFW in attendance.
I'll bet 25 or more riders showed up today.
I didn't want to go home it was so nice out there today.
Sorry bout that for you folks that had to work today.

I need to check in here more often. Thanks for the heads up on Greenwood and The Burg. Wife66 is a burger fan. I feel a road trip coming on.

Back