• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Monkey Wrench Cycles. Servicing Arlington + Ft. Worth

Re: Monkey Wrench Cycles in Arlington, TX

Is your shop certified on any suspension products such as Race Tech? I'm looking to get my rear shock rebuilt and set up for my weight (heavier spring). I ride a 09 R1. What can you do for me?

Is your shop certified on any suspension products such as Race Tech? I'm looking to get my rear shock rebuilt and set up for my weight (heavier spring). I ride a 09 R1. What can you do for me?

At this time we are not certified with race tech. That is one of the reasons for the move is that now i have the space to really expand into other areas.

For suspension work i recommend Cliff over at Piper Performance in NRH. He is race tech certified and actually specializes in suspension work. Ive had him do the suspension work on my personal bikes so i trust him.

I've used him before with good results too. He recently moved his shop out to Decatur so I was hoping to find somebody closer. I'll probably just plan to drive my shock out to him in a few weeks and have it rebuilt for my needs.

I've used him before with good results too. He recently moved his shop out to Decatur so I was hoping to find somebody closer. I'll probably just plan to drive my shock out to him in a few weeks and have it rebuilt for my needs.

Yeah, he told me about the planned move quite awhile back, but wasnt aware he moved already.

Good to know, I've got some small stuff I've been meaning to have powdercoated. Let us know when you have all this up and running.

Will do. Im tired of sending people to get Powdercoating done and it coming back all screwed up. This isnt just small places. There are 2 well known places that have messed stuff up for me.

Well, another happy customer here; got my DL650 back today from Monkey Wrench after a 15K valve check. While valves were in spec, the bike runs great, as expected! :rider:

And oh yeah - I really appreciate the affordability of their work too; I paid about 1/2 of what the stealership wanted!

A couple pics of the old vs. the new.

The old shop:
DSC00396.jpg

The new shop with an additional 1250sq ft:
DSC00564.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

Oh, and since i spaced out about this weekend being super bowl weekend, im going to try and make the most part of the move on saturday.

Frank, I know you guys said you weren't certified with Race Tech, but if I needed a shock spring swapped out would that be something you guys could do for me?

Frank, I know you guys said you weren't certified with Race Tech, but if I needed a shock spring swapped out would that be something you guys could do for me?

Yeah. I will need to order the spring compressor which is a one day shipping item so let me know when you want to do it. Also will you be bringing the bike or just the shock?

Looks like an improvement that could really expand your services. Glad to hear you are able to expand when so many places are down sizing or going under. I take it as a sign of the work you do. The posts on here about how you have helped other riders and the free advice you give says a lot about you and your shop. I hope the New Year is good for you and you can continue to grow and still provide the quality of service you seem to be known for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I will need to order the spring compressor which is a one day shipping item so let me know when you want to do it. Also will you be bringing the bike or just the shock?

I'd just bring you the shock. Dropping that thing out of the KLR is a 10 minute job at best. I'll let you know once it arrives!

Looks like an improvement that could really expand your services. Glad to hear you are able to expand when so many places are down sizing or going under. I take it as a sign of the work you do. The posts on here about how you have helped other riders and the free advice you give says a lot about you and your shop. I hope the New Year is good for you and you can continue to grow and still provide the quality of service you seem to be known for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Its all about having more to offer than the other guy. I always try to be affordable AND offer quality service to go along with it. I have high hopes for this year. I felt constrained in this shop. I simply didnt have the space to house certain tools/equipment that i wanted/needed to have. Although, moving is expensive and im spending most of my budget on the move so it might be a bit before i can afford all those shiny new doodads i been wanting... lol

UGH. The weather is not cooperating with my moving schedule. Still waiting on the CO(Certificate of Occupancy) since they have been backed up all week with the bad weather. Already got electric scheduled but they wont turn on UNTIL the CO is approved which could be as late as the first part of next week... and i need to be out of this building no later than the 8th. Then on top of it i am no longer leasing building A since the city decided to quit lettering the buildings and only use numbers...:scratch: So still same building, same suite, but now its officially suite 200 instead of suite A... and after i just had 1k cards printed up...:doh:

UPDATE: Definately NOT making the move this weekend. No CO, no electricity, and snow coming down out the wazoo. Not looking good for next week either with snow on monday and wed... I am seriously in a bind here. Besides that, i ordered parts on monday and still havent gotten them. As of yesterday, they still havent shipped out...

UPDATE: We are making the move today, and will be back to business as usual by tomorrow (2/11/2011). I am literally hemoraging money for this move so i need some work!! Come on TWT'ers help me out!! Hahahaha

I hope it's OK to post your new location on the Ninjette web site???:bigokay:

Toying with the idea of opening up on sundays. Im usually here anyway and i always get calls when im here. Seems like a good way to do quick services for people that work 6 days a week and cant get in on regular business hours.

So whats your input? Do you think its a good idea or a waste of time?

It'll depend. Cycle Gear get's my business because they are open when other shops see fit to close down. Unless I want to burn my lunch hour, most shops have hours that don't work well for me because they close down early. For some reason they don't get that they are retail and should work retail hours instead of office hours.

In addition, my current schedule has me working Tue-Sat, and low and behold most big shops are closed on Mondays too. Guess they don't like customers.

Granted, that's not the same as what you do, however you could find yourself in a situation where you are the only guy open when someone needs work done and nobody else will do it. Could be good for you. Of course, could be nobody thinks you'll be open and nobody shows up. I dunno, but if you are already there...

Back