• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Monkey Wrench Cycles. Servicing Arlington + Ft. Worth

Re: Monkey Wrench Cycles in Arlington, TX

It'll depend. Cycle Gear get's my business because they are open when other shops see fit to close down. Unless I want to burn my lunch hour, most shops have hours that don't work well for me because they close down early. For some reason they don't get that they are retail and should work retail hours instead of office hours.

In addition, my current schedule has me working Tue-Sat, and low and behold most big shops are closed on Mondays too. Guess they don't like customers.

Granted, that's not the same as what you do, however you could find yourself in a situation where you are the only guy open when someone needs work done and nobody else will do it. Could be good for you. Of course, could be nobody thinks you'll be open and nobody shows up. I dunno, but if you are already there...

Im already ahead of the curve since im open on Mondays already. Never understood why most shops aren't open on Mondays. Thats usually my busiest day. And if i do go ahead with that i plan to put the word out and list it on my website and all the sites im on, that ill be open that day.

Just want to let everyone know i am now a dealer for MAC Performance. They do performance exhaust for Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Goldwing, BMW, BSA, Triumph, Norton, and consequentley alot of cars also. I have there page on my links page on the website. Here is there url:

http://www.macperformance.com/store/category.cfm?SID=3&Category_ID=4

I am now a dealer for Mr. Turbo out of Houston, Tx. Ive really been wanting to get into the forced induction game so now im all set up. They do alot of turbo kits including (of course) the Busa, KZ, ZRX, ZX-11, ZX-12, ZX-14, GS1100 + 1150, GSXR, Katana, AND BANDIT 1200 Please someone let me put a turbo on there bandit. 175HP on pump gas!!

Here is there website: http://www.mrturbo.com/index.html

Last edited:

Just want to let everyone know i am now a dealer for MAC Performance. They do performance exhaust for Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Goldwing, BMW, BSA, Triumph, Norton, and consequentley alot of cars also. I have there page on my links page on the website. Here is there url:

http://www.macperformance.com/store/category.cfm?SID=3&Category_ID=4

Don't they also sell complete exhaust systems for older Japanese standards?? I've got a 78 GS1000 that needs a whole new exhaust system cause the 30 year old one on it is about rusted out.

Also didn't see it on the site but how much to change out a tire with rim off the bike??

Don't they also sell complete exhaust systems for older Japanese standards?? I've got a 78 GS1000 that needs a whole new exhaust system cause the 30 year old one on it is about rusted out.

yes they do. this is a MAC on my 80 GS1KG
pipe1size.jpg

Also didn't see it on the site but how much to change out a tire with rim off the bike??

I did a quick search on there site and found a nice 4 into 1 kerker style for $359 and a nice 4 into 2 system for $399. Both in chrome.

To change a tire with rim off bike will be $20

On second thought, that might be a scary thing to have for my daily commute sitting in traffic. :mrgreen: Maybe it's all for the best then. How's the powder coating stuff coming along?

On second thought, that might be a scary thing to have for my daily commute sitting in traffic. :mrgreen: Maybe it's all for the best then. How's the powder coating stuff coming along?

Thats the beauty of it. You only get the power when you twist the throttle. :thumb:

I still have not ordered the powdercoating stuff yet. I was getting some money together then had my comp crash on me the other day, bought a new one, then my office chair broke yesterday... This isnt my week :doh:

Gotta love all those expenses that don't have any direct effect on your production but have to be addressed anyway.

SUMMER DEALS!!!

We are offering a deal right now when you buy a set of Continental Conti Motion Sport/Sport Touring tires. These are for the budget concious person who still wants a good looking, and speed rated tire. These are ZR Rated (149mph +)

Buy a set of tires
120/70ZR17
180/55ZR17
and get them installed with an out the door price of $285.65

contimotion.png

i listed the price for the most common sized set. If you want different size thats listed in the above pic, message me and ill give you a price for those.
(to take advantage of this deal you MUST pay your bill with debit card, cash, or check. No CC)

Last edited:
Dang, I need some cash. That's a good price on the 150/70 and 110/70.

Yep. I can save you on the advertised price also.

Ive been selling quite a few sets of these tires lately and everybody seems to like them. They have good tire life and are still sporty enough for any street riding.

Last edited:
Monkey Wrench Cycles rocks!

Thanks, Frank, for diagnosing my "electrical problem." Who hid those fuses right above the battery, anyway? :doh:

Got some openings this week. Get your bike in now to get it in and out for the cooler riding weather coming next week!!

Im still doing the special for the conti-motion sport touring tires.

We are now taking orders on the new GoPro HD2. Come get the latest and greatest now!! Ill be offering a TWT discount from the usual retail of $299.99 to an introductory price of $260. Expected delivery to my warehouses is 2-3 weeks from today. I can start placing orders immediately.
This week, GoPro reveals the GoPro Hero 2, a new HD device that is "twice as powerful"
as the first edition and has sharper resolution (11 megapixels, up from 5), greatly improved sound
(a microphone input for improved audio) and full 1080p resolution, up from 720p.
Like the previous model, the new GoPro Hero 2 sells for $299.99 MSRP.
Heres USAtodays review of it:
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/talkingtech/story/2011-10-25/gopro-hd-camera/50914808/1

gopro.gif

Put me down for one, preferably the motorsports edition of course. I will be in Fort Worth tomorrow afternoon to fill out the order and pay.

Hey Frank. I was riding with buddy of mine this morning, & came to find he's a customer of yours. Hugh Martin. Tall (6'4"), rides a yellow Buell Ulysses. Spoke very highly of the work you did for him. He also mentioned that the Buell is becoming a money pit.

Hey Frank. I was riding with buddy of mine this morning, & came to find he's a customer of yours. Hugh Martin. Tall (6'4"), rides a yellow Buell Ulysses. Spoke very highly of the work you did for him. He also mentioned that the Buell is becoming a money pit.

Yeah, i know Hugh well. Ive done quite a bit of work on the Ulysses.

Its getting older and things are wearing out... Just got done with new fork seals a couple months ago.

Back