• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Monkey Wrench Cycles. Servicing Arlington + Ft. Worth

Here are the bikes i have for sale:

2011 Yamaha FZ8, 2814 miles
2009 Kawasaki KLX 250SF Supermoto 465 miles
2006 Suzuki LT-R450K6 Quadracer

Please contact me for details if your interested in any of these
Oh and heres a review of the KLX250, 300lbs wet, 21 RWHP, 6 speed, and 10,500 redline!!:dude: Should be a hoot to ride!:thumb:
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2009-kawasaki-klx250sf-review-87863.html

Also dont forget the discount on the GoPro Hero2 Cameras will be ending soon. Get yours now!!

Last edited:
Am I the only taker so far on the GoPro? Chomping at the bit to start fooling with it!

Am I the only taker so far on the GoPro? Chomping at the bit to start fooling with it!

You and one other. I cant believe nobody else has taken me up on this offer. Im sure im the ONLY one offering a discount on this new GoPro...

I talked to my supplier yesterday and they are still waiting on the shipments. Should be in anytime now.

I would if I could. I'm wanting one of those things soooooo bad, but just can't do it now. Funds are superduper tight.

On another note, did you ever get your powdercoating going?

I would if I could. I'm wanting one of those things soooooo bad, but just can't do it now. Funds are superduper tight.

On another note, did you ever get your powdercoating going?

I know what you mean. Always something coming up everytime I get a few extra bucks.

I haven't as of yet. I have it on my list but I opted for a tubing bender, shop press, and to fix my ZX6-RR since I'm getting my new leg Friday :thumb:
I'll probably try to get all the equipment this winter though.

New leg....woohoo. Wait...what? Well, new leg has to be good news. I presume this is all from your accident.

As for things coming up, I cry because for nearly what I could set myself up with one of those sweet cameras, I'll be paying off this piece of paper to Dallas County. Sigh....

and to fix my ZX6-RR since I'm getting my new leg Friday :thumb:

SWEET!!! Wish I could jump on loads of good deals on cool stuff (like that camera) I see these days. At least I can cheer for good news, though :sun:

Yeah, lost my leg from the accident. It's all good though since I'm getting a newer, better, high tech leg. It's going to be made entirely of carbon fiber, aluminum, and titanium :thumb:

I know what you mean. I got a ticket not to long ago and even doing the defensive driving it cost me almost the price of this camera :doh::thumbd:

Dang, I knew it was bad but I didn't know you lost the whole leg. Cool you'll be getting something new. Here's some motivation for ya, a guy from another board I used to be on quite a bit.

IMG_0025.jpg

Congrats on keeping a positive attitude. My mother in law lost her leg and she's going to finish her life as a "Woe is me" victim. It's sad really. We basically had to all but abandon her in order to get her to start working around her leg. She relied so heavily on my wife to drive her around and do everything for her. After we abandoned her, she figured out how to get her wheelchair into her car and drive herself to the store. I guess the need for cigarettes overcame her attitude. Now she drives herself all over the place, but her attitude still stinks.

The guy above had the right attitude and was determined to get back on a bike and continue stunting for shows. He overcame it and has been all over the world performing.

It's good to see you continuing to run your business and you seem to be doing well and have happy customers. That tells me which of the above camps you are in. I hope you stay there and continue to improve and look forward to seeing you out riding.

Yeah, i definately have not let it slow me down. I have worn out probly 100+ sets of crutch tips and 3 pairs of crutches since my accident. I will be riding my bike the day i get my leg(or when my last part for my bike gets here) and ive already told my family im riding to thanksgiving dinner...:thumb:

Ive actually thought about getting into the stunting scene. Ive got an old ninja 250 that with the right rear sprocket, 50+ tooth, would make a good bike to learn on. The only thing i worry about is messing up my new leg which cost insurance $15,000. That wasnt a typo. Fifteen thousand dollars!! I can only get it replaced every 2 yrs so if i break it i have to wait till then to get a new one... That would be torture and 10 times worse than never having gotten the leg in the first place...:doh::doh::doh:

I bet an industrious guy who's used to wrenching and fabricating could duplicate that $15K leg for stunting for cheap. :mrgreen:

I bet an industrious guy who's used to wrenching and fabricating could duplicate that $15K leg for stunting for cheap. :mrgreen:

Maybe. Ill have to see how its actually set up. The hard part is the liner, which was made from a cast of my leg, and the part that slips over my liner, which is made of carbon fiber and was made from a cast of my leg with liner on... Plus its held on by suction from a vacuum pump.

What ill most likely do is keep this leg as a play leg when i get my next one in two years.

Ok, so I'm going to ask something here and I'm not trying to be insensitive, I'm just being curious. How in the eff do you push bikes around your shop with one leg and crutches? I've dang near dropped my own bike pushing backwards up the driveway if I'm not paying attention.

Ok, so I'm going to ask something here and I'm not trying to be insensitive, I'm just being curious. How in the eff do you push bikes around your shop with one leg and crutches? I've dang near dropped my own bike pushing backwards up the driveway if I'm not paying attention.

That's one of the few things I cannot do. I have my tech move bikes on and off the lifts. I can, and do, carry tools, oil, parts, etc. I can still ride, although it's weird with one leg and I don't ride much. I can pick up things off the floor, can walk sideways, backwards, and step over things with my crutches.

Working around being on crutches is the first thing you learn. No bs, I can carry a full bowl of soup, a full cup of drink, my 1 yr old son, all while walking on crutches no problem(not at the same time):thumb:

Last edited:
and a 1 yr old son?!?!? Major props sir. That's a handful right there.

Good thing you are getting a leg. You are gonna need it to keep up with him. This from a father of a two year old. :mrgreen:

Hoping the new pin is working perfectly for you! :clap:

We will be closed on Thanksgiving but will be open on black friday and the following saturday. Anyone who brings there bike in on black friday or the following saturday, OR orders parts on those days will receive 10% off

Couple pics of the bikes we have for sale:
2011 Yamaha FZ8, 2800 miles
FZ82.jpg

2009 Kawasaki KLX 250 SF Supermoto, 465 miles
KLX2504.jpg

2006 Suzuki LTR 450 Quadracer. SOLD
quadracer1.jpg

Last edited:
Couple on and off road tires, new. Good prices

First i have a Dunlop D404 in size 110/90-19 This tire i usually sell for $105 + tax and ill let it go for $95 out the door. Its brand new in the packaging. Ill put it on for $40 on the bike or $15 off the bike.

Second i have Two brand new dirt bike tires. They are Millville 2.50-12(60/100-12) and the color is red. These retail for $56.95 and ill let them go for $15 a piece, out the door. Or you can buy both for $25.

tires.jpg

I just want them because they're red. :clap: (But Hubzilla already said no more shinies that I might use some day... :lol2:)

Back