• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Monkey Wrench Cycles. Servicing Arlington + Ft. Worth

Hah incant afford any more toys right now :(. And I have nothing to haul it with.

Sent from my iPhone

Looks like its almost time to replace the rubber on the Shadow.

Stock sizes are 110/80-19, and 160/80-15.

Prefer the ME880s, or the new Michelin Commander for the rear.

Would it be possible to PM with a quote for the whole shebang?

Looks like its almost time to replace the rubber on the Shadow.

Stock sizes are 110/80-19, and 160/80-15.

Prefer the ME880s, or the new Michelin Commander for the rear.

Would it be possible to PM with a quote for the whole shebang?

Sure thing. I'll get you a quote tomorrow. If you would email as well so I don't forget as I get on email more often.

Got a bike for sale. We rebuilt this for a customer back at the end of last year and now he is looking to sell or trade it. Here is a list of things we did to it.

2000 Honda XR400R
Has headlight and tailight
New piston rings on STD bore piston
All 4 Valves replaced with Wiseco Stainless steel valves
New Kibblewhite Racing Bronze Valve guides installed
Hotcams Stage 1 Camshaft
Cometic Top End Gasket Set
CNC port job done on cylinder head
3 angle valve job
Has Edelbrock carb that was rejetted after everything else
FMF Powercore Exhaust was installed at same time
K+N Airfilter installed
Renthal Bars + Scott Grips
New handguards installed
New chain guard installed
Front tire has alot of tread, rear tire will need replaced soon.
We checked bottom end when rebuilding top end and connecting rod/crankshaft was in good working order.
Of course fluids were changed at time of rebuild.
Kick start only...

The only thing i would change about this bike is to put a nice FCR carb or flatslide Mikuni on it as i dont like the Edelbrock carbs that much. There are people out there that absolutely love them so you could probly recoup the cost of a new carb by selling this one. Either way this carb is jetted for the bike so it runs good.

Price drop to $2400 or trade up OR down for something interesting, including but not limited to: smaller dirt bikes 4 or 2 stroke, street bike, tractor, or basically anything that can interest the owner. If interested call Frank at 817-548-9917 or pm me here or by email.

Title NOT included. Owner bought this with only a bill of sale(which he can show) and never wanted to put it on the street so never bothered to get a title for it.

With parts and labor we did close to $1500 worth of work to this bike less than a year ago. I know the owner and it has had very low hours on it since the work was completed.

XR400sale1.jpg

XR400sale2.jpg

XR400sale3.jpg

XR400sale4.jpg

XR400sale6.jpg

XR400sale5.jpg

Last edited:
I love the XR400s. Just about 'perfect' DS in my mind.

Out of my price range for now. Unless the owner wants to straight-swap for a '82 XR200R that's been sitting for ~6yrs :giveup:

Good luck with the sale :thumb:

I love the XR400s. Just about 'perfect' DS in my mind.

Out of my price range for now. Unless the owner wants to straight-swap for a '82 XR200R that's been sitting for ~6yrs :giveup:

Good luck with the sale :thumb:

Its a nice powerful bike for sure.

Thats the asking price but is somewhat negotiable. Basically we looked at all the XR400's selling right now and they ranged from $2000-$2500 for comparable years but none had nowhere near the mods this one does so we started at $2700 and will work our way down from there.

I think youd have to have something more interesting... ;)

Price drop to $2250 firm for the XR. Dont understand why no one is interested. We did over $1500 of performance work to this and it has maybe 5hrs MAX run time on it. It can easily pull the front wheel and is better than most XR400's ive seen around...

Showing off some work we did recently
KLR330.jpg

Heres some specs on it.
2003 KLR 250
Cycle Works Racing 330cc Big Bore Kit with high compression forged piston
High Lift Cams
Mikuni TM33 Flatslide Carb
K+N pod filter
New valves, High lift valve springs, and retainers
Full CNC Port job on cylinder head
FMF exhaust
EST. HP is around 45-50
Hasnt been broke in yet but i can tell you with stock gearing it will power wheelie in first and second gear applying less than half throttle... Once its properly broken in we will finish tuning it, throw a new plug in it, and it will RIP...

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck but is there an advantage to those handle bars? Why a hardtail?

No advantage, just looks. Btw, what you see on the bars is what you get. There is NO switch housings, no brake, nothing on the bars. The throttle is internal so no cables hanging off. There IS front AND back brakes though. I have a dual master cylinder setup that i fabbed up which is hidden in front of the rear fender. As far as the hardtail, thats what the guy wanted. He wanted a hardtail sportster chopper and thats who is paying the bill so i built it. You dont see many 04-newer sportster hardtails either cause the engine is rubber mounted in the frame, not solid mounted like the older sportys.

Here is the bike we just go finished building. It started life as a 2009 Harley Sportster Nightster. It now has a weld-on hardtail, Custom fitted springer front end(had to modify frame to fit it..), Chain drive conversion with custom chain tensioners, Custom oil tank, Custom rear fender/struts, All Fuel Injection components retained, spring seat, coil and ignition relocated to engine mount between cylinders, jockey shift, both front AND rear brakes actuated by the foot pedal with dual master cylinders, custom weld-on kickstand, Avon whitewall tires, 18" Apehangers 1 1/2" diameter, internal throttle, all switch housings etc. relocated and hidden, modified exhaust, sight fuel gauge on side of fuel tank, sniper brake lines, everything on bike is powdercoated including fuel tank/frame/oil tank/engine covers/etc. Custom turn signals(customer is active duty and needs to ride on base), mini lithium battery, three two choppers front section for DNA springer, custom brake rotors, etc. etc..

There really is to much to list on this bike and its probly the only rubber mount hardtail fuel injected sportster that youll find of this caliber.

nightster1_zps25c6e0b3.jpg

nightster2_zps67e1dfa6.jpg

Last edited:
Back