• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Monkey Wrench Cycles. Servicing Arlington + Ft. Worth

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Verboski
Hi everyone!! Here at Monkey Wrench Cycles we are a family owned and operated business and specialize in parts and service of all makes and models.

We specialize in service and repair of everything from Harleys to Dirt bikes and ATV's. We have competent service techs on hand who are certified. We strive to offer the best customer service and the lowest prices in the Metroplex.

Here is a sample of what we offer here:
-Scheduled Maintanence
-Engine and transmission rebuilds
-Wiring and troubleshooting
-Tire changes
-Custom bike builds
-Performance work including porting + polishing, cylinder boring, cams, turbo installs and much more
-Custom machined parts at our full onsite machine shop
-All types of welding including aluminum, alloys, steel

You can check out our website for more info or just pics of what we have going on at the moment.
http://monkeywrenchmotorcycles.com
You can also contact us at 817-548-9917

Additionally anyone who mentions TWT will receive a 10% discount

Re: Monkey Wrench Cycles in Arlington, TX

Glad to see another non-brand specific shop in Arlington. I wish you guys well, and if I ever need anything done that I don't try myself, I'll have to give you a try.

Good luck to ya, great to see another independent shop.

Overall I think you normally receive more personable service from a independent than a franchise dealer.

Good luck to ya, great to see another independent shop.

Overall I think you normally receive more personable service from a independent than a franchise dealer.

Thats what we try for. I will usually go out of my way to make sure ppl leave very satisfied which can be evidenced by the positive reviews we have recieved on google maps, insider pages and yahoo local.

We have a very quick turnaround time on most jobs and dont try to bleed you dry on labor rate and cost of parts like the dealers.

Just wanted to show some of the skills we have here. These are lowering blocks for a Kawasaki ZRX1200R that we machined out of a single block of 6061 Aluminum. They do not make any kind of lowering kit for these bikes, so thats why they were made. They relocate the shock farther back to drop the stance. These dropped it about 1 1/2in, which we matched up front of course. We aren't making these for sale, this was a one off job when we had access to a machine shop.

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

Last edited:

Very nice work. You might try to get into the dual sport market some, and I think you might hit on a pretty solid demographic. All the little bikes like the KLR, DRZ, and the WRr. Then the bigger adventure bikes are a whole different ballgame. It seems that you can't throw a rock in the air without it landing next to a GS, Strom, or any other type of adventure bike.

Was just by there & Frank showed me the ZRX. :thumb:

I used their machine shop service to clone some Kawasaki seat hardware - I had 2 seats but only one set of mounting hardware. Now I'm good. :thumb:

Thought i would show a resto im doing on a 1976 Suzuki GT500. This is one of the old two stroke twins. I have rebuilt the engine, bottom + top end, rebuilt the forks with new tubes, done some wiring on it, rebuilt the brake caliper + master cylinder, and basically gotten everything working. When the owner bought it, it had been sitting in a field for who knows how long. Has 9k on the odometer and hadnt been tagged since the 80's. Had a seized piston in the engine.
DSC00380.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

Ok, so im actually getting some interest in making some more sets of lowering blocks for the ZRX's. I need another mock-up bike now as they were a made to order set and i didnt keep the dimensions to copy them.

Supposed to be getting anther in, hopefully soon, and i will start producing sets and selling them.

Make sure to check out my website if your looking for a bike. I have a few different ones for sale right now and inventory is always changing.

For sale currently:
2001 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100C for $3295
1992 Harley FXRP for $6500
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250 for $2250

-ATTENTION ALL TWT MEMBERS-

Right now i am offering a discount to the first 5 members who post after me. The first 5 people will get ONE PART at: Cost plus 10% (Thats an average savings of 15-20% below retail)

All special orders must be paid in full prior to ordering.

Last edited:

Count me in for number 1! I'll get with you next week I've got a couple things I need done!

I'll take that deal. I'm hoping to get there on Saturday depending on the rain.

Great. See you guys when you come by, or for you folks that are to far PM me

Actually I can take mine away and leave it for the next person that is local. I am planing on stopping in when we have a ride out that way and visit. So #6 feel free to consider yourself #5!

I'll take the #5 spot.

I'm needing to replace my rear tire, and I would like to get either a Dunlop Roadsmart in 190/50/17 or a Dunlop Q2 in 190/55/17.

Is there a cost difference if the wheel is on the bike?

PM me with the details & availibility.

Thanks, & I look forward to meeting you guys.

James

Great guys at Monkey Wrench...Good to know I have a place to go for Good, Honest work...

Just to let everyone know, We will be moving the first part of next month. Its time to upgrade to a larger shop so that we have more work area. I am not finalized on a lease yet, so i will post up the new address as soon as thats done.

Monkey Wrench Cycles is awesome. I was there the other weekend where they fixed my turn signal issue. They were quick, polite and inexpensive. I will definitely be taking my cycle to them for any repairs, or maintenance.

Were moving to 3152A Major Street, Ft Worth 76112

Its about 3 miles west of where we are now. If you continue west on division past the shop, at dottie lynn pkwy division turns into E. Lancaster. We will be right on Lancaster in the town of Handley.

The shop will be over 1000sq ft bigger than what we have now so we can expand our services to our customers. We will be looking at doing powdercoating on site, as well as other services we werent able to offer because of our limited space.

Here is the map from the old shop to the, soon to be new one.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...5.712891&sspn=32.66491,78.662109&ie=UTF8&z=14

Last edited:
Back