• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Montgomery/Conroe area Bike Nights - Thursdays 6:30pm

Thanks Rob for posting the location. Being relatively new to Conroe, I figured EVERYONE knew where Rana's was.

You win Rick! I am not going to be able to compete with a litter of puppies. But, mine doesn't pee on the garage floor. At least I don't think it does.

Thanks Rob for posting the location. Being relatively new to Conroe, I figured EVERYONE knew where Rana's was.

You win Rick! I am not going to be able to compete with a litter of puppies. But, mine doesn't pee on the garage floor. At least I don't think it does.
It better not!

As a retired plumber, the pee is OK with me. I see $$$. One has such a high Knucklehead quotient that it is hard to resist keeping her!
I had no idea that Rana's was there. It isn't exactly in a location to notice, when I go past there my eye is on my speedo, too easy to be over thru there. The menu looks great, esp. the veggie fajita plate. rh

As a retired plumber, the pee is OK with me. I see $$$. One has such a high Knucklehead quotient that it is hard to resist keeping her! I had no idea that Rana's was there. It isn't exactly in a location to notice, when I go past there my eye is on my speedo, too easy to be over thru there. The menu looks great, esp. the veggie fajita plate. rh

Looks like you have a friend (or may be friends) for life. My daughter has pet insurance on her cats. It's a lot like people insurance but may be not as expensive? I don't know.

Laura and I actually found Rana's probably a year ago, while we were looking for a new "home" Mexican place. Then we visited Taqueria Jalisco. She likes it as well. But I have to say that she likes the ambiance of Rana's better. Last week someone posted a positive comment about Rana's on the Nextdoor website. I was surprised by how many positive responses it received. So, it set in motion another visit by her and me on Tuesday. There were only 2 other tables seated. So Mr Rana (I'm guessing that's his name) came and sat down at our table. We talked for a good while. He told us stories about how he has worked to keep his place clean (which I like), using only fresh ingredients (which I like), having a VERY specific recipe book that he expects his cooks to follow in detail and the need to remain constantly aware of his customers perceptions of his restaurant. He did make a point to say his is not the typical Tex/Mex cuisine, instead it's recipes his father brought from their area of Mexico.

For every time we have visited Rana's, I have not had a bad meal. Of course, as in all things, what people like is subject to their own taste. Rana's may not be your cup of tea, but it is at least worth a try.

It looks like it may rain today. If it does, I am going to try to replace a brake caliper on the Suburban and bring that instead of my new toy. Tony F, that's what we heard the other day when we went to drop of the stand.

Last edited:
Rana's is great food, 4 thumbs up. 1 thumb down due to no Shiner Bock.

Unfortunately I can't make it tonight.

I put that in the same class as Coors, Corona, Milwaukee Best, Busch, Bud, Miller, and ditch water... Barely drinkable if dieing of thirst

You forgot Shiner Bock! :lol2:

Thursday night we were talking about the "Green" helmet. Here is what I was talking about. I would like to try one, but right now there isn't much choice. Klim Koroyd Helmet Seems like a there are quite a few bicycle helmets made with these Koroyd tubes, just not a lot of motorcycle helmets ... yet. I think because of the cost, (sounds like the material is pretty cheap), the protection and the venting it is a perfect solution for helmets.

Yummy BBQ, roses, chocolate, and ditch water. I will be there.. Did the night out with my Valentines last night.

Great evening to ride!!

I was thinking about it, but I had to wash my bike :-P

Seriously! I don't think I've cleaned my GS at all in the last 8 months and it REALLY needed it. Of course then it was sitting next to the KTM... :cool2:

I need to do some serious TLC on the KTM and I don't like working on a dirty bike.

I almost hate to take Daniel down any dirt roads tomorrow on the GS :-? Maybe if I go fast enough the dirt won't have time to stick to it!? :rider:

Back