• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Montgomery/Conroe area Bike Nights - Thursdays 6:30pm

Any interest in the Fish Pond tomorrow? On the way to Willis!!! (from New Waverly)
Gotta love a salad bar w/mass quantities of pickled okra and green tomatoes. rh

Wha
Any interest in the Fish Pond tomorrow? On the way to Willis!!! (from New Waverly)
Gotta love a salad bar w/mass quantities of pickled okra and green tomatoes. rh
What is this fish pond you speak of? I'm thinking delicious fried fish

I don't think anyone made a call...

Beth and the kids are having dinner with some other friends to celebrate a graduation. I am still at work, so I won't make it.

You mean the Kings in Honolulu?
I can't make it tonight. Move in day and rent house a/c service.
Still have 9' in the carport so there is room for the boat or a car/truck.

Attachments

• DSCN0203.JPG
    DSCN0203.JPG
    618 KB · Views: 160
I wound up mowing my folks lawn for them so it could get done before the expected rain this weekend.

I'll do what I can to make it out there. Hoping to get back into the scene at least for a little while. See y'all tomorrow night.

I am leaving in the morning for Springfield, Mo. A 2007, one owner, 112,000 miles, all serviced at the original dealer, 4wd, V8, Toyota 4 Runner, is waiting for me. It looks like new. V8 4Runners were only in the 2002 to 2009 model years and 2005 had a major HP/Torque bump. Towing capacity is 7K. Since I am unsupervised, I couldn't help it. I am willing to pay the $209 to drop the Enterprise rental in Springfield.
All that said, I won't make this bike night.
Glad to see Polk540 is back.

I am leaving in the morning for Springfield, Mo. A 2007, one owner, 112,000 miles, all serviced at the original dealer, 4wd, V8, Toyota 4 Runner, is waiting for me. It looks like new. V8 4Runners were only in the 2002 to 2009 model years and 2005 had a major HP/Torque bump. Towing capacity is 7K. Since I am unsupervised, I couldn't help it. I am willing to pay the $209 to drop the Enterprise rental in Springfield.
All that said, I won't make this bike night.
Glad to see Polk540 is back.
Adv awaits...

Dang TJ's you are in my neighborhood. Can't make it tonight work and travels have me down..

Sorry I missed it. Apparently we had plans and I was clueless about it :doh:

As I am fully aware, no pics=didn't happen. I left my home at 9am on Thursday, left Huntsville in Enterprise Ford Focus & $$$ about 11:15 am. Made it to Springfield, Mo. at 7:30pm, checked the 4Runner out, went to eat a pitiful Chinese Buffet, watched the 2nd half of game one NBA finals at the local Motel Six and tried to get some sleep. One of those nights you don't think you really slept but had to a little bit.
So anyway, the 4 runner was as advertized, super clean and in excellent working order. The dealer was the total opposite of what I think of car dealers. Very refreshing, they didn't pull any bait & switch or paint anything with a "It's all wonderful, best deal ever" paint brush. From top to bottom, they were all very good folks to deal with. We negotiated an out the door price over the phone and when I sent them my rental car agreement with the one way drop, guaranteed a hold for 2 days.
So, at 12:01 today, 39hrs, 1 minute...I am back home with my new to me 07/v8/4wd Toyota 4 Runner Limited (ie fancy stuff I would not buy new). I took a few extra hours and came home thru Arkansas. I had never been down hwy 7 to Russellville from Branson and then took 27 to the Crater of Diamonds State Park, fantastic scenery and plenty of curves to learn carving in a full time 4wd.
AND, I didn't realize that Bass Pro Shops World Headquarters was in Springfield, Mo. The have a gigantic facility with several museums of all sorts (NRA and racing) and a huge aquarium, I could see a visit there taking several days. They sell family annual passes like Disney and six flags do! Also, Tracker Boats are built just up the road.
They only change to my trip...find a better place to eat. Pics manana. rh
PS: The Focus gave me 44mpg. It had plenty of power when it was needed. But, the comfort and ergonomics were a D-. As a 1 day rental, just fine. But as a vehicle to purchase, no way for me.

Back