• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Montgomery/Conroe area Bike Nights - Thursdays 6:30pm

OK, here are some pics of the new ride. I am getting accustomed to the "Salsa Red", looks like Aggie maroon to me...12+ year old, limited availability of a V8 vehicle, I will develop a liking for it. At least it isn't black, way too hot here for that. I also don't like leather seats and after 600 miles of curvy roads, I like them even less. On a bike, you need to move your butt around. In a 4 wheeled "car" butt glued to the seat makes you feel connected.
I can get a gray (silver) seat cover that is supposed to fit very well for $227.70 from seat covers unlimited. The next addition will be Weather Tech floor mats.
Just saying, a 2012 Honda CRV EX will be for sale soon. It has been a great car and I hate to see it go. But, despite the rules, you can't keep it all! rh

Attachments

• DSCN0214.JPG
    DSCN0214.JPG
    557.1 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN0217.JPG
    DSCN0217.JPG
    562.3 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN0218.JPG
    DSCN0218.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCN0220.JPG
    DSCN0220.JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 219
Depends on if I'm off work or not as to whether I'll be there or not. Hopefully will though, also need an address for it.

It is east of the new Montgomery Pizza Shack (KOA across the road), on hwy 105 toward the top of the hill. The Big Sombrero is past it. I expect a google map close up will give the exact location. rh

I’m up in Huntsville ... I don’t know anyone over your way, but I’m sure people closer to you will answer up.

Since we started out (before my time) at one location in Montgomery, they closed and we switched to a general meet at Phil's. They bolted the tables to the floor or something like that, so large groups couldn't sit together, so we moved. Pizza Shack became a fairly regular spot for a long time, but after their move service seemed to decline. And they removed the awesome French Cut Pork Chop dinner from the menu. 10 demerits from me!
Since then we have been all over the map in Montgomery County. A lot of great places, BBQ, Mexican, fish & burgers.
My proposal is to make the Magnolia Dinner or City Hall in Huntsville the general go to place. They both have a wide range of menu options at a reasonable price. I personally like a full meal for diner and like left overs for my next day lunch. City Hall in Huntsville (I know, not Montgomery, Co.) and the Magnolia Dinner both have excellent food and would be a great choice for our weekly meet up.
Just my thoughts, it doesn't mean we can't go to other places, I love the Fish Pond in New Waverly and Taqueria Jalisco in Conroe.

I like City Hall. We often go there on the Thursday nights when we can't get down to the Conroe/Montgomery area for bike night. I like the Manolia Dinner as well, but as you might have noticed, our attendance down South has been spotty at best of late. I really miss King's Cafe.

I know on my part, I take an afternoon break from the heat when Jeopardy comes on at 1pm and go back outside to work about 5pm, just finished mowing at 8:15. Since I have 18 acres and it has rained so much, I mow until dark all the time. I am also clearing fence rows so I can leave my driveway and not get t-boned in the process. Then I hang out with the dogs!

So anyone have something in mind for this evening? Beth and the kids are out of town and I am not on call so I might actually be able to make it. I might even get wild and ride :-P

Maybe McKenzie's BBQ near Walden? Or World Burger?

Back