• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Montgomery/Conroe area Bike Nights - Thursdays 7:00pm

I am. Spent the entire morning at DPS renewing my drivers license. What a joke. 3 hour wait for 5 minutes of “service”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A LOT of people from down there come to the DPS office up here to wait in shorter lines. Of course, with all the construction on I-45 right now, that might not save much time. Some folks here even head out to Trinity for shorter lines. Last time I had to go in, it took about 30 minutes. It would have been faster if one of the women had not been on break and chatting up the ONE still trying to work :roll:

Anyway... Since you are in town, where would you like to meet?

The guy that did my renewal was “Meh, only three hours?” Not much motivation there. I went to the Spring “Mega” renewal center. Huge crowd of folks. The new requirement for the feds are driving the long wait times. Remember your passport or your birth certificate or no renewal.

Somebody pick. My brain is toast after that. Simple with table service. I’ll even come up to Huntsville

City Hall is our go to place in Huntsville. 7:00pm.

Correct.

It is on Sam Houston/Old US 75 in town.

A LOT of people from down there come to the DPS office up here to wait in shorter lines. Of course, with all the construction on I-45 right now, that might not save much time. Some folks here even head out to Trinity for shorter lines. Last time I had to go in, it took about 30 minutes. It would have been faster if one of the women had not been on break and chatting up the ONE still trying to work :roll:

Anyway... Since you are in town, where would you like to meet?
Actually it's Crockett, not Trinity. Trinity doesn't have an office. But Crockett is quick and easy usually.

Good visit with the five Friday’s (none of the kiddos) and Debbie. Nice place to eat. CFS two sides and a roll, $11.
d3897e8bb4c0ea54c4210c0cc6b25dd5.jpg

Sorry to miss it. Great restaurant and crazy low prices.
The Bad, SHSU will double the Huntsville population by next week.
When I worked for Shsu Resi maintenance...we had a pool set up for the date of the first car wreck around the campus. Usually took 1 day.

The pork chops were thick and juicy this evening ;-)

still out of town, you can make an appointment at DPS instead of waiting long lines. once you hit 78 years you must go to DPS till you die, an once yo hit 85 years you can only renew for 3 years for the rest of your life. you can still renew on line most of the time if under 78 years old

There were two main reasons you couldn't renew online. One was proof of citizenship and the other was your picture with glasses was no longer acceptable as facial recognition software wouldn't work. Passports are the same way. It was a bit of a pain, it took me about 2 hours in Huntsville last February.

I figured as much with the "REAL ID" requirement coming next year. Also I would like to point out that our fearless leader, Scott, did NOT have a grilled cheese sammich for supper. His plate is in the upper part of my photo of my CFS supper.

I thought I felt the earth stop for a glitch! Scott had a chicken fried something rather than a grilled cheese sandwich!
I think , we have to steady our thoughts before proceeding.

Today is Daniel's 13th birthday. I think we are doing something with family this evening so we won't be making it to bike night if anyone decides on a last minute location :-P

Back