• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Montgomery/Conroe area Bike Nights - Thursdays 6:30pm

Just don't expect to see bikes at the bike night get together, lol!

Hey now! Be fair! Now that my kids can ride with me, I tend to ride to the bike nights NOT in Huntsville :-P When they were small, it did not contribute to marital bliss for me to ride and leave Beth to drive down with all three kids or to stay home with them... SO... I caged it :-P

As for the question of whether or not anyone rides DS, yes, many of us do. I just had a great ride this past Sunday afternoon with my 15 year old daughter. She rides pillion on my 1200 GS and we run all over the place on back roads. West of I-45 tends to be more hard packed gravel. East of I-45 you tend to find more sand. North of Huntsville out toward Trinity, Lovelady, and Crockett you will find a lot of sand. I ride all of it.

@jfink is in Conroe and frequently gets out for DS rides on his KTM 990. He's retired though, so you never know what day of the week he will ride. I've done several Saturday rides with him recently though.

Just don't expect to see bikes at the bike night get together, lol!
We started a bike/pizza night in the early '90s. Nearly everyone rode bikes to pizza. Now the same people, only older and with kids, drive. Kids and grandkids ruin a good ride, but they sure enhance a life.

I am late the punch here. Been looking for a regular bike night on the Northside. I live in Humble. Where is this one going to be next Thursday?

Do you guys do any ADV riding? My boys and I have KLR's and are looking for other riders in the Conroe area.
Three dual sport bikes showed up, DRZ-400, Honda 500 and a 250? Kawasaki. High mileage 54 miles, low mileage 1 mile.

Markrisha, I have a Versys-300X and am looking to goto that track at I-45 in the Woodlands too do some practicing. I have only put about 2000 miles on that bike and really need to bone up on my offroad skills, so if you guys wanna meet up there let me know if we catch a good weekend. I just drove by there yesterday on the way back from Willis and had forgotten about it looked open. I think the name has changed but its listed as 3 Palms Action Sports Park on GoogleMaps.

Markrisha, I have a Versys-300X and am looking to goto that track at I-45 in the Woodlands too do some practicing. I have only put about 2000 miles on that bike and really need to bone up on my offroad skills, so if you guys wanna meet up there let me know if we catch a good weekend. I just drove by there yesterday on the way back from Willis and had forgotten about it looked open. I think the name has changed but its listed as 3 Palms Action Sports Park on GoogleMaps.
That's really not a good place for that. Sterling Ranch in Willis is supposed to be better. The problem with three palms is that it's a Motocross and SuperCross type facility.

The national Forest is not a bad place to practice different surfaces, what with all of dirt and gravel roads. Heck, we can run the cheeseburger loop sometime, it's just about all dirt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That's really not a good place for that. Sterling Ranch in Willis is supposed to be better. The problem with three palms is that it's a Motocross and SuperCross type facility.

The national Forest is not a bad place to practice different surfaces, what with all of dirt and gravel roads. Heck, we can run the cheeseburger loop sometime, it's just about all dirt.

I was thinking the same thing for the little Kawasaki. Sterling or multiuse trails in forest. They're well marked and cross roads frequently.

... I just had a great ride this past Sunday afternoon with my 15 year old daughter. She rides pillion on my 1200 GS and we run all over the place on back roads. ...

"LITTLE SARA" is 15 NOW!!!! :eek2: (I know I'm not supposed to call her that now, she told me so!) :giveup:

I still remember the picture of her standing in a sidecar! :sun: :rider: Good Lord! I'm getting old!! :huh: :ponder:

I have already been doing most of my riding in the National Forest and also did the cheeseburger run a couple of time now. What I am really looking for is a terrain course. I am wanting to practice going through the stuff that always throwing me down, like deep ruts, sand, mud holes, etc. I don't want to be out somewhere doing that and maybe screw up bike and end up walking.

I have already been doing most of my riding in the National Forest and also did the cheeseburger run a couple of time now. What I am really looking for is a terrain course. I am wanting to practice going through the stuff that always throwing me down, like deep ruts, sand, mud holes, etc. I don't want to be out somewhere doing that and maybe screw up bike and end up walking.

I've been looking at a few places to ride as well to practice. Sterling Ranch is where a lot of BMW riders trained off road last year with Dragoo. https://www.facebook.com/events/ste...oo-adventure-rider-training/1805304019581103/

It has a few water crossings and other things. Message me if you want a riding partner when you go out there.

Ok, been checking out the map of Sterling Ranch, looks cool. Lets start putting together a meet-up out there at the Ranch. I know there are quite a few Dual Sport guys on here. I have ridden with SynthLegend a couple of times now and he might be interested also. Just a matter of trying to catch some nice weather.

Ok, been checking out the map of Sterling Ranch, looks cool. Lets start putting together a meet-up out there at the Ranch. I know there are quite a few Dual Sport guys on here. I have ridden with SynthLegend a couple of times now and he might be interested also. Just a matter of trying to catch some nice weather.
That sounds awesome. Just gotta wait for weather...

That **** old weather.

What are everyones thoughts on Pie in the Sky in Conroe for meet up this week?

That **** old weather.

What are everyones thoughts on Pie in the Sky in Conroe for meet up this week?
I'd be game so long as it's not raining or near freezing.

Sterling Ranch is your place, small enough to walk out plus owner is on site. Just tell him what you're up to. And it has the practice you're looking for.

Back