• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Month Ride (Southern Style)

Suggestion to try at some point in the future. My wife and I did some riding this morning and came up 1486 to 149. There’s a gas station right there that has pie. We tried lemon meringue and it was pretty good. It looks like they have a little restaurant off to the side. Definitely a perfect location for refueling the bike and body before putting some more miles in.
Thanks for the suggestion; I'll check it out (ahh, the sacrifices I make for you guys!).

Sure is. Are you gonna come?
I’ll have to see, a bit beyond my normal riding range. I usually go to this pie place when I visit a nearby shooting range. I’m usually in a car then. Love this thread though. Pie is a good incentive.

Wow, pie in only 3 more days! Hope everyone makes it; looking forward to seeing you guys again.. and eating pie :-D

Last edited:
Good group here - food's good too.

Attachments

• PXL_20220924_171907041.jpg
    PXL_20220924_171907041.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 95
That was fun! Ride back was a bit hotter than I'd prefer, but the ride up was really nice. Great company, excellent food, and some verrrrry good pie! All I got was a pic of @tdf-texas "split" pie; the rest was gone before I could get to them, LOL. Thanks to all that showed up, and hope everyone got home safe and sound. We'll see y'all on the next one, and don't forget, we are always looking for suggestions for good pie spots.

PXL_20220924_175053847.jpg

PXL_20220924_175035016.MP.jpg

I’m surprised the parking lot was that empty. Usually couldn’t find a spot there.
Counted three motorcycles, who came in the cage! LoL.

I’m surprised the parking lot was that empty. Usually couldn’t find a spot there.
Counted three motorcycles, who came in the cage! LoL.
That's just the angle of the pic. If you could pan left, you'd see it was full. I was actually a bit worried about getting a table big enough, but @tdf-texas got there early and had us one. Hope you make the next one.

That's just the angle of the pic. If you could pan left, you'd see it was full. I was actually a bit worried about getting a table big enough, but @tdf-texas got there early and had us one. Hope you make the next one.
I was very tempted, but for me it would have been a long ride on roads I’ve not traveled on a motorcycle. Building my way up though. I was planning to ride somewhere yesterday, but my wife decided I needed another booster on Friday. So me and one of my cats got a jab. The cat felt fine all day yesterday, I was like a wet dishrag. LoL. I’m keeping an eye on where y’all meet. Sooner or later, I’ll be venturing out a bit farther than I’m used to. Inner city is a lot of breaking and shifting. LoL.

With the weather turning nice, how about we travel out a bit and visit Schobel's in Columbus again? Saturday, 29th @ 1130.

As usual, please post up how many you'll have in your group so we can get a head count. I'll keep post #1 updated.

The October, 2022 Southern Style Pie Run will be at Schobel's in Columbus.

It will be held on Saturday, 29th around 1130... ish! As usual, please post up so we can be courteous and give them a head count. See y'all there! :rider::eat:

Head count as of 10/08:

Rydah (2)
William Wolfen (2)
FE_Rex (1)

Total: 5
I’m in. My buddy and his girlfriend maybe joining in.

Back