• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Month Ride (Southern Style)

A nice turnout today. Not much chance to talk with everyone over lunch as we were were seated at separate tables but we made up for it afterwards in the parking lot. 254 brisk miles and back home at 3:45. The key lime pie was pretty good.

Home safe and sound. 265 total miles today on the Road King. Took the long way home thru Industry, Brenham, Navasota and down thru the forest.
8 of us there today. Good food great conversations.
Got some pictures of lunch and tire kicking after lunch.
I'm guessing that was you coming into Fayetteville on FM 955 as Jeff and I were headed out 159. We went up thru Frelsburg in search of twisties and pushed on to Winchester and Bastrop.

Sorry we missed this one, but hopefully will catch y'all on the next one. Glad you guys had a good time, and made it home safe.

Wow, another month already! The last Saturday of this month is the 26th; is that too close to Thanksgiving for everyone?
Another point: Pie restaurants within the 1.5 - 2 hour radius of Houston really limit us to just a handful, so would anyone be opposed to eliminating the need for pie, and just make it a lunch run like the San Antonio guys did? If they have desert, even better, but not a must have?

Pie is always a plus but not a requirement . I have been getting really good cake the last 3 years in Wyoming , never really liked cake so I was a pie man , but I have been changed . And it’s all Emily’s fault , she makes really good cakes

B09D1CC2-2232-4E6E-BD9F-CA12F449837E.jpeg

0AC05793-D495-4FD4-843A-229A274A19BF.jpeg

Pie is always a plus but not a requirement . I have been getting really good cake the last 3 years in Wyoming , never really liked cake so I was a pie man , but I have been changed . And it’s all Emily’s fault , she makes really good cakes

View attachment 334598

View attachment 334597

I'm just the opposite. I've always liked cake and never really liked pie very much. That said, I greatly prefer good food to dessert of any kind.

I like COOOOKIES !!! 🤪

Beyond the exceptional cake, pie, candy, etc., a good cookie hits the flavor / texture / sweet spot for me.
I'm just the opposite. I've always liked cake and never really liked pie very much. That said, I greatly prefer good food to dessert of any kind.
LOL, so do you guys have any good food/cake/cookies restaurants (withing range) to suggest?

Ugg, that's a lot of pressure but according to gooeymaps, 82mi from "Houston" you could touch down in Blanchard at LeBlanc's.

Afterwards ride the Scenic Loop around L. Livingston, maybe even hit FM 224 north of Coldspring.

L. O. L. :cool2: :mrgreen:
Looks pretty good, so let's do it! Ok, same ol' same ol'... I'll change post #1, and y'all post up here if you plan to attend. Good job, Curtis!

I will be in the hill country for Thanksgiving, but I am all for ditching the pie requirement. It does make things difficult for selecting locations locally.

Hmmmmm...me and the missus just might make a "drive" up for some gumbo don't cha knoooo..🤔🤔

Back