• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Month Ride (Southern Style)

It will be held on Saturday, 26th around 1130... ish! As usual, please post up so we can be courteous and give them a head count. See y'all there! :rider::eat:

Head count as of 11/19

Rydah (2)
tdf-texas (1)
my6 (2)
lawman1841 (1)

Total: 6

I will be there. And I will likely OD on hush puppies

Now I'm out again. Unexpected funeral.

I've never been to Le Blanc's but I have a friend who lives in that area and he says the food is good, particularly the fried catfish. I love fried catfish. Sounds like a road trip as soon as I get the chance.

Well crap! I need to get up to the lake and knock the cobwebs out of ole Desert Skies but the kid will be there so don’t want to intrude. :argh:
Your place , you can intrude all you want . I’m a possible , it’s been a while since I had any Cajun that I didn’t cook .

Now I'm out again. Unexpected funeral.

I've never been to Le Blanc's but I have a friend who lives in that area and he says the food is good, particularly the fried catfish. I love fried catfish. Sounds like a road trip as soon as I get the chance.
Well that slurps. Sorry to hear about the loss, but maybe we'll see you in December.

Your place , you can intrude all you want . I’m a possible , it’s been a while since I had any Cajun that I didn’t cook .
Hope you can make it. Post up when you decide.

Looking at weather the next few days and the amount of stuff I need to deal with I’m going to say I’m out , I’m not really sure what I’ll be able to get done but as much as I can needs to happen .

Man, looking at the weather, I'm starting to have my doubts about riding tomorrow. We will most likely be caging it up there. What say you all?

The weather report is saying mid 90's for chance of rain until noon. So clearer skies on the way back and a good soaking rain on the the way there. The weatherman has been wrong before ( like a lot!) so if it's not raining around 9:30, i will take the bike. If it's still pouring, the cage sounds like a better idea.

Honestly, if it wasn't both of us coming, I'd be riding. I actually enjoy a rain ride every once in awhile just to finally use some of my gear. It's great when you know the ride home will be better, but not when two up.

Lol, understand the weather worries, but I thought the idea of ride to eat was to ride!

Lol, understand the weather worries, but I thought the idea of ride to eat was to ride!
Nah, it's to eat. LOL, yeah, but not so much when it's two up. If my passenger isn't having fun, then we ain't doing it.

Honestly, if it wasn't both of us coming, I'd be riding. I actually enjoy a rain ride every once in awhile just to finally use some of my gear. It's great when you know the ride home will be better, but not when two up.
Unfortunately, I'm out. It is storming here and my neighborhood streets are flooding. No riding for me today.

Latest I've seen, it should all be cleared out at around 1000, but we will still be caging it as we would have to leave by around 0930 to make it on time. I guess we need the rain, but sure is bad timing, eh? See y'all soon!

It was raining in Baytown when I left at 9:30 but was at most sprinkling along the way. I chickened out and took the truck - should have took the bike.😂

It was raining in Baytown when I left at 9:30 but was at most sprinkling along the way. I chickened out and took the truck - should have took the bike.😂
Yep, with the way this day turned out, I think we all agree with that. Of course, if we had ridden, it would have poured! Still turned out to be a great time though, and we sure enjoyed hanging out with you folks again. Le Blanc's was a great suggestion @just Curtis, and too bad you weren't able to join us, but maybe we'll see you in December.

PXL_20221126_201718603.jpg

Just a little mist on the way over. Best Fried catfish I have had in a while.
Great company and conversations on many topics.
Rode back to 190. Took it back to Tyler County and turned left on 256. The sweetgum, hickory and sumacs were putting on a color show contrast by the evergreens. Rode 256 around through Colmesneil and on to 190 again. 190 to Dam B, took 92 to Silsbee and back to Beaumont. 200 miles round trip.

Back