• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Month Ride (Southern Style)

Holy crapEEtoe! Thanks to my rural local / innerweb connection it's taken almost an hour for this post. :giveup:

I hit the 1st of several rain patches <20min after my last post. Nothing major though, it felt good.

I do my best to remember names so starting on my left and going clockwise there was Buford, Pierre, Gaston & Gabriela, Homer, Dagobert, and Virgil. Nailed it, right? :mrgreen:

Buford; the wood bridge on Millmac Rd is a few hundred yards west of 1484, probably 1/2 N. of 105 where we parted ways. As usual, enjoyed the ride and it was good to meet all you other Cajuns today. :thumb:

Buford & I rode 224, twice. :-D

20210828_141413 no plates.jpg

20210828_120349.jpg

I do my best to remember names so starting on my left and going clockwise there was Buford, Pierre, Gaston & Gabriela, Homer, Dagobert, and Virgil. Nailed it, right? :mrgreen:

Buford; the wood bridge on Millmac Rd is a few hundred yards west of 1484, probably 1/2 N. of 105 where we parted ways. As usual, enjoyed the ride and it was good to meet all you other Cajuns today. :thumb:
I think you nailed it! But since I guess it was a test... I'm thinking... Steve, Chad, Rob, Anna, Doug, William, Ralph, Curtis. I never seem to be able to remember names, but I think I've got this one!
I'll have to do some Google Earth scanning and put that bridge on my base camp to check it out on a ride soon!
The real question, how was the pie!!
Was there pie? OH... yeah! I had the pecan pie... Being on a diet for a year, it's been awhile... The pecan pie was good! Good food, great service, and just all around, good folks. For me, at the country-cooking places, the chicken-fried steak is the test, and they did well there too! OK... so I blew the diet... gotta get back at it!

Holy crapEEtoe! Thanks to my rural local / innerweb connection it's taken almost an hour for this post. :giveup:

I hit the 1st of several rain patches <20min after my last post. Nothing major though, it felt good.

Buford & I rode 224, twice. :-D

View attachment 301121

View attachment 301119

I hit 224 on the way there. Good paved road.

I put it in my calendar. Awaiting more ride details :rider::eat:

Awaiting more ride details :rider::eat:
Like what to eat or how to get there? :twitch: 🤪

I tried out Pie in the Sky today to be sure Señor Rydah wasn't dragging me down some rabbit hole. My apologies for doubting you Sir; the food was quite good and the puhcan pie even better but the service? I'll be kind and simply say their sense of priorities seemed off.

Looking forward to great weather on the 30th. :bigokay:

Wow, it's halfway through October already?!! So how about getting together again, Southerners? We had a good turnout last time we did Pie in the Sky in Conroe, so how's about we try it again? Saturday, 30th around noonish.

Count me in! I eat breakfast there every time before I head off to ride through the forest.

Awesome! Seems like it'll be a great turnout, so praying for good weather, and safe travel. Looking forward to seeing y'all again!

I’m in +1. It’s pretty close to Kingwood so my wife and I may do a little riding between Cleveland and Conroe before or afterwards if anyone is interested.

Sounds like it'll be a pretty good turnout, so just called them and gave them a warning of our approaching occupation. They'll be looking for us around 11:30'ish, so just ask for the TWT group. Looking forward to some pie... and seeing y'all, of course!

Bike shop woes here. Looks like I'm out for this one. in for periodic maintenance, and it came out with new issues... trying to get them to get it right again...

I'm in for Pie in the Sky, looks like it will be a great day for a ride.

@Rydah, @Randyjaco, and anyone else wanting to meet up and ride from Baytown. Let's meet a the Buc-ees on I-10 at 9:00 kickstands up at 9:30.

I am in Jackson, MS right now, and it is iffy whether I will make it, but I will do my best. I will know more tomorrow.

Sounds like it'll be a pretty good turnout, so just called them and gave them a warning of our approaching occupation. They'll be looking for us around 11:30'ish, so just ask for the TWT group. Looking forward to some pie... and seeing y'all, of course!
I plan on going, and a riding buddy will be also.

SIDEWALK HALLOWEEN BLOWOUT SALE THIS SATURDAY FROM 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
GEAR, PARTS & ACCESSORIES AND DENO RIDES OF OUR KTM 390 AND 890 ADVENTURE BIKES !!!!!!!!
And Don't miss trick or treat for the kids. We'll have candy bags for the little ones. Bring your costumes !!!!!!
For demos is required proper gear (helmet, gloves, pants -no shorts- and shoes or boots) motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license and a signed waiver.

250268635_1571895373162177_8642040435670872721_n.jpeg

Good chance to get a test ride and some gear, before or after pie! Winner!

Been way too long since my last pie run. Good time to fix that. I'm in.

In case you are keeping a head count for PitSPC I wont be able to make it. I am on the board for a non-profit in Magnolia and we have a Halloween fund raising event on the 30th from noon-4.

Back