• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Month Ride (Southern Style)

The December Pie Run has traditionally been a TWT sponsored event. I think the person that had been organizing them in the past no longer does it though (?), but we plan to be there anyway, and hopefully others will join us too. Looking at the calendar, the 18th would be the last available Saturday for the month, so let's plan for that date. I'll call them ahead of schedule, of course, to let them know they will be invaded by some pie slaying biker types, lol. I'll post up any details in the original post of this thread, but will be the usual of just showing up around noon.. ish.

Howdy! Can I assume we intend to meet at noon on 12/18?

I will be there also. Not sure if it will be the KLR or the Z though, weather dependent.

I'm planning on being there. Rydah, 190 Octane, any others that way, I'm in Liberty and intend to go up 146 to Livingston, 59 to Corrigan, then to Crockett. Anyone wants to meet up and ride together, let me know.

LOL, c'mon, Rob. How long have you been living in Texas? You know there's no way they can predict that far out. Heck, half the time they can't tell for sure what tomorrow will bring. Still, it will probably be as they say, but then comes the decision... how badly do I NEED pie? :eat:

It seems to rain every year for this one.

LOL, c'mon, Rob. How long have you been living in Texas? You know there's no way they can predict that far out. Heck, half the time they can't tell for sure what tomorrow will bring. Still, it will probably be as they say, but then comes the decision... how badly do I NEED pie? :eat:
Well it is December.

Yeah, only problem there is that most folks aren't available on Friday (hmmm.. could mean more pie though :trust: ). Can't make it on Saturday?

Weather forecasts are often questionable no doubt but at this time, Sunday the 19th does seem a bit better than Saturday the 18th from a chances of rain perspective. Of course that would mean somewhere other than Moosehead. Maybe an A & B plan? Something for the group to consider . . .

Yeah, only problem there is that most folks aren't available on Friday (hmmm.. could mean more pie though :trust: ). Can't make it on Saturday?
I just thought I would throw it out there in case most of the people coming were off on Friday. I know I’m a lot more likely to ride for a piece of pie on a dry day in the 70s than a rainy day in the 50s. As said before though, who knows what the weather will actually be by the end of the week.

Gotta admit the rain prediction in dampening my enthusiasm. Weather.com shows 84% for Crockett on Sat. I'm on hold till I check the take on Thu/Fri.

Gotta admit the rain prediction in dampening my enthusiasm. Weather.com shows 84% for Crockett on Sat. I'm on hold till I check the take on Thu/Fri.
Yes it's still early, but one thing seems certain, temps in high 50's and some amount of moisture. Sadly.

Back