• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Month Ride (Southern Style)

Yep, Texas weather does slurp, don't it? Since my wife works on Friday, and I work on Sunday, I'm kinda stuck with Saturday, so rain or shine, we'll be there. May even cage it if it's yucky enough, but gonna wait 'till last minute to decide. Certainly understand all the concerns though, so to each his own. Be safe, whatever day you decide on.

For what it's worth, weatherbug is showing a low of 65 Friday night and a high about the same for Humble. but 80% rain chances all morning. Crockett is looking warmer, but it's gonna rain if the forecast is even close. The car needs fixed before Christmas, so if parts come in early... I may be good.... but likely caging.

As for the weather, I was always warned about the Houston heat and humidity before I moved here. Compared to DFW and Birmingham AL, it's not too bad here. Yeah, we get a lot of rain, but with a little extra gear, it's rarely too cold to ride. I grew up around the ice storms and high, cold winds of the panhandle... it's good here!

12-15-2021 9-05-20 AM.jpg

Does this mean Rob was censored? I see this occasionally and feel like I have missed something....

It looks like he’s a dot as he disappears over the horizon.:rider: The good news is, the weatherman can’t tell you what the weather is when he’s
looking out the window! Fingers crossed.

Yep, Texas weather does slurp, don't it? Since my wife works on Friday, and I work on Sunday, I'm kinda stuck with Saturday, so rain or shine, we'll be there. May even cage it if it's yucky enough, but gonna wait 'till last minute to decide. Certainly understand all the concerns though, so to each his own. Be safe, whatever day you decide on.
What does your wife have to do with riding motorcycles? Looks like Friday is the perfect day while she’s at work earning you some gas money!😂

What does your wife have to do with riding motorcycles? Looks like Friday is the perfect day while she’s at work earning you some gas money!😂
Are you trying to get me killed?! Anna might only be 5'2", but she scares me! I love riding motorcycles, but I love my wife even more. Fact that she likes riding with me is even sweeter, so we're pretty much together whenever I street ride. Win, win for me! :kiss:

I am cancelling my camping but still plan to make it for lunch.

I'm planning on being there. Rydah, 190 Octane, any others that way, I'm in Liberty and intend to go up 146 to Livingston, 59 to Corrigan, then to Crockett. Anyone wants to meet up and ride together, let me know.
The more the merrier! As I said earlier though, we're gonna be keeping a close eye on the weather, and if it's bad, we might just cage it up there. If we ride though, we'll let you know what time we should be passing by, and you'll have to let us know where to meet you. 190 Octane is our ride leader, and I'll be seeing him tonight, so I'll run it by him.

He was probably going to say something about the weather, then remembered how folks in this thread react to those sorts of posts and deleted his.
Mr. WW, you are correct on all points! @Hail not censored(yet) just took down my weather forecast. We're all grown men, they can see it for theirselves. Sometimes I forget.

If not working I'll drive up, since the Beemer seems destined for week 6 in the shop.

The more the merrier! As I said earlier though, we're gonna be keeping a close eye on the weather, and if it's bad, we might just cage it up there. If we ride though, we'll let you know what time we should be passing by, and you'll have to let us know where to meet you. 190 Octane is our ride leader, and I'll be seeing him tonight, so I'll run it by him.
Well, Lawman, looks like we'll be caging it, so we'll have to ride together some other time. Still hope you can make it though.

Guys, I'm just gonna pass. Rode the crotch rocket all day today and I'm beat. Gonna stay out of the rain and lock forward to the next pie run. Be safe.

I am out. Sorry guys.

One of our elderly dogs has had in-operable lung tumors for over a year. Last night he started coughing up blood. It may be time to let him go. We are heading in to the vet here in the next few minutes to see if they can give us a little direction on what we should do at this point.

Back