• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Month Ride (Southern Style)

Wow, so sorry to hear. It's never easy, is it? Praying for you all.

I am out. Sorry guys.

One of our elderly dogs has had in-operable lung tumors for over a year. Last night he started coughing up blood. It may be time to let him go. We are heading in to the vet here in the next few minutes to see if they can give us a little direction on what we should do at this point.
So sorry to hear that! Hoping for the best.

OK, I'm officially out. Car parts are here and I need to get this thing fixed It's not raining here at the moment... but the radar says it's coming. Be careful out there! Hopefully things will calm down and I can get to the next one!

Last edited:
Rain while out riding is OK. Riding 130 miles from SW Houston all the way in supposedly 100% rain and thunderstorms along the front, I will pass today.

Stayed home. Did my front door forecast about 8:00, around when I'd be heading out. Rain and lightning, and it's moving towards Crockett from here. Maybe a New Year Day meet at Moosehead to ring in the new riding year?

Cage or bike, for those that went, be careful! Punishing hard rain on 99 on our way back from the woodlands a few mins ago.

Well, it was a rainy drive up for sure, but four of us carpooled up, and met another couple up there. Food was good, company was great and pies... were a bit on the shortage side, but we managed to all get some. That was it! Only six at this pie run. Guess rain was too much for the rest. Guess we'll have to pray for better weather next month.

The weather brought it down. The numbers looked impressive coming into this week, but I don't blame those that backed out, the weather was crap. Hopefully I can make next months.

Well, it was a rainy drive up for sure, but four of us carpooled up, and met another couple up there. Food was good, company was great and pies... were a bit on the shortage side, but we managed to all get some. That was it! Only six at this pie run. Guess rain was too much for the rest. Guess we'll have to pray for better weather next month.
Well I live close, would have drove up but my part time job called. Drove to Lafayette, coming back was a rough ride, about 2 and half hours driving in the rain. Pie would have been better! Plus still without my bike, getting pretty upset now, 6 weeks for warranty repair.

Well I live close, would have drove up but my part time job called. Drove to Lafayette, coming back was a rough ride, about 2 and half hours driving in the rain. Pie would have been better! Plus still without my bike, getting pretty upset now, 6 weeks for warranty repair.

What is the warranty issue?

I am never getting BMW. ...I am assuming it is the BMW....

I am never getting BMW. ...I am assuming it is the BMW....
Yes I love the bike, 4th BMW, first one with issues. And just the radiator. Known issue for some of us. I won't be able to buy another new bike again, but wouldn't be from these guys.

Yes I love the bike, 4th BMW, first one with issues. And just the radiator. Known issue for some of us. I won't be able to buy another new bike again, but wouldn't be from these guys.
I just keep hearing horror stories about service turnaround times.

I made it there from Brazoria. We saw a guy on a Harley riding in that soup on the way there. I do not miss only having a motorcycle as a way to get around.

Sorry for the late posting, but you know how unpredictable the weather is this time of year. How about a pie gathering at the ol' Jay Cafe in Needville again? For last minute, it's great as they are always stocked on pies (and great food!). Hope to see y'all there! :rider::eat:

Back