• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SAN ANTONIO: Monthly Ride-to-Eat

Reaction score
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Brogden
This is the thread for Ride-to-Eat-Meat events in the general San Antonio area. Unlike the Houston are rides, which are "Pie Runs," this thread is for rides to meat! Pie is good but bubba needs meat.

Mayy 2024 Ride-to-Eat-Meat is SCHEDULED for 18 Mayy, the 3rd Saturday. Meet at Hillbillyz BBQ just east of FM 474 on FM 473, about 10 miles east of Sisterdale around 11:30.

Body Count: 1
Manfred

Maybe: 1​

Irish 66

Last edited:
Excellent work, Stuart! Might I make a suggestion? If you do these on say the second weekend of each month, then folks would have a choice. We (the Houston-centric crowd) could make it to yours if we feel able, and y'all could make it to ours (last weekend of the month) if you can/want. That way we wont be dividing groups. More pie choices is always good too, right? :trust:
Thanks for stepping up, and I hope you guys support him on this; it isn't easy sometimes to organize this stuff. Hopefully we can all still meet up at the end of year gathering in Crockett! Y'all have a blessed day.

Thanks for the suggestion, Rydah.

So let's make the San Antonio rides for chow on the second first Saturday of the month. Make plans and make suggestions.

Last edited:
This all sounds good to me. And yes, thank you @Manfred for wrangling cats for this.

With Gonzalez, La Vernia, Spring Branch so far, a general area of convergence would be in the NE quadrant from SA.

September would be my first chance.

Thank You for stepping up. My second Saturdays are booked with shooting competitions. I can do most of the weekends or even a Sunday.

Could be we choose a different Saturday. Maybe the first one?

I'll stay tuned in, if schedule (my son) allows I'm not against riding up from Rockport. Especially with cooler weather coming. Was in San Antonio for work yesterday and it was a little warm.

Thanks to everyone for responding. I put myself in a box in choosing the first Saturday - my church has a men's prayer meeting that day. We'll shoot for the 4th Saturday - fewer holiday weekends to conflict with.

First ride will be planned for 27 August.

While I have no work in August, (not unusual) I have a ton of unfinished projects, it's too dang hot, and the kicker is, the big bike has a bad starter and the tag is expired and insurance dropped. About the time that works starts back up and the weather exits Hades mode, I'll resolve it all!

Well, maybe resolve all the projects needing done.:doh::lol2:

While I have no work in August, (not unusual) I have a ton of unfinished projects, it's too dang hot, and the kicker is, the big bike has a bad starter and the tag is expired and insurance dropped. About the time that works starts back up and the weather exits Hades mode, I'll resolve it all!

Well, maybe resolve all the projects needing done.:doh::lol2:

The average high temp for 27 Aug in this part of the state is a rather balmy 95. That makes the morning pleasant and the return trip easily tolerable.

I Might be able to show up every now & then. But I usually have 1st & 4th tied up
I guess depending on what time of day & where. I just hope this record heat🥵 will
break sometime soon. This year has been Crazy Hot. The older I get the less I can handle it.

I Might be able to show up every now & then. But I usually have 1st & 4th tied up
I guess depending on what time of day & where. I just hope this record heat🥵 will
break sometime soon. This year has been Crazy Hot. The older I get the less I can handle it.

I completely understand about the heat. When I lived in Houston, 98 degrees at 98 percent was something I tolerated well on a motorcycle. Cold weather in Oklahoma was tolerable. Nowadays, however, neither is.

Keep me informed it if works out, Manfred. All I have right now is an old rag tag Suzuki C50 that
makes a lot on noise & won't stay idling but I can try to keep up. 🛵

Sounds challenging! I'm looking for good eatin' joints from Columbus over to Luckenbach.

Back