• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

More power 1250.

You sure took the Bandit 1250 to the epitome of engine output performance, congrats are in order. No doubt with different gearing your engine could produce speeds far exceeding escape velocity.

I bet plenty of people would be really interested in watching a video of the build and a road test. Far better than yet another quest for 100mph on a 250 Ninja (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I did a video with another bandit to see the difference. It is with stage2 full header. At first it was a roll on with 6th gear. You do not see him but i was pulling away very very slowly. Because i have changed sprockets -1 front +1 rear, i told him to be on 5th gear and me again on 6th on the second roll on.
As you will see he is better at low revs. And finally race from 2nd which off course you do not see him :lol2:
For bad luck idid not had the camera on when i raced a zx10r from stop 2 times. We were side by side until 4th gear. After that we stopped.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrPhUpZQlNY"]CidadeConvertVideo - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqCEsm_ZWWQ"]CidadeConvertVideo 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
In terms of useability the throttle bodies maybe not the best solution. Because off the inverted throttle cable position the throttle is a little stiffer, and the 2004 gsxr throttle bodies have not STVA, so in gold days is a liitle harder to start.

I did some work to the throttle cables. I modified the bodies to fit the bandits throttle cables. I thnk it came out good and finally it is working like normal bandit :clap:

Also i did some expiriments with exhaust. I modified the last section of headers, from 50mm diameter to 54 to match akrapovic, and finally 60mm with another muffler. The strange thing is that while i was hoping for high revs gains there is more gains at low mids. Especially at 2800 and 5000 there is big difference, and at 6300 to 8000 also.

3 fotos, first before, second with 54 and third with 60mm.

I have much difficulty to keep from power wheelie with second gear. Probably i need to change from 17-44 sprockets to 17-43 to keep front down :sun:

:clap: you are pushing Bandits to next level.

What headers do you have on the bike Buddy?

How do you feel the braking with the increased horsepower?

The headers are for Holeshot. About braking... not perfect but i have bigger caliber from sv1000 installed plus brembo master, so it has enough braking power.
Just not good feeling. It seems that these tokico line calibers lacks feeling

Hello, I see you have ABS. Do you feel that the ABS is working differently in front after changing bigger piston master and slave cylinders or do you think ABS is working the same as before?

Hello, I see you have ABS. Do you feel that the ABS is working differently in front after changing bigger piston master and slave cylinders or do you think ABS is working the same as before?

As far i can tell is the same.

@bandakias , I see both the SV1000 calipers and Bandit 1250 calipers are 4 pot Tokico calipers. Does the SV1000 pistons have more surface area or any other upgrades and are they bolt on upgrade or do we need any adapter? is the Brembo master cylinder is RCS?

I'm looking to upgrade my brakes and trying to get some info.

Sv calipers are also 4 pot and use the same pads as bandit, but with different pistons. Bandit 26-30mm diameter pistons and sv 30-34, so they have much more power. They are easy swap.
Also just bolt on is 6 pot calipers from gsxr 2002. A friend of mine had them to a bandit and was very pleased

I have a feeling that the 3rd generation is around a corner. Maybe more hp, inverted forks, TC, and some minor changes like gear indicator, ambient temps...

So ive pulled the Holeshot tuner out and am taking it to be flashed with new map to suit here and turn pair, O2, retards off. Then lift the limiter 500rpm.

I hope for many horsepowers.

That's a nice torque number :clap:

Buddy, this is with opened up airbox, arrow headers with slip-on and only flash tune without EJK Supertune or Power commander?

Any chance you had it dynoed with the headers and Supertune?

That's a nice torque number :clap:

Buddy, this is with opened up airbox, arrow headers with slip-on and only flash tune without EJK Supertune or Power commander?

Any chance you had it dynoed with the headers and Supertune?

I didnt bother with dyno on the Supertune. First run on the graph is it with stock ECU then flashed.

I did nothing. For my bad luck i had an accident a month ago :-(
A 86 year old driver decided to change lane and guess what.. over me.
Anyway for my good luck and motorbike equipment that saved me from injuries, the only thing that bothers me is my knee.
So for now everything is on stop.

I did nothing. For my bad luck i had an accident a month ago :-(
A 86 year old driver decided to change lane and guess what.. over me.
Anyway for my good luck and motorbike equipment that saved me from injuries, the only thing that bothers me is my knee.
So for now everything is on stop.

Sorry to hear that. Just shows how good gear is.

Hope the knee feels better soon.

Oh , sorry Buddy.

Hope you get well and get back on the bandit soon.

Take care and Be safe.

Lot of zombies on the road.

I think this distracted or inattentive drivers are a world wide phenomenon.

Buy this...its really fast...lol
I have a LSL handlebar kit on it...upright riding position...extremely comfortable...

Holy ***** that is awesome! If I was looking for ludicrous speed, this is the way I would go. However, ludicrous speed is not my goal, so my trusty FA will do just fine. She is pretty fast as is and as reliable as any bike known to man!

Man that ZX is awesome. Nice job!

Finally, my bike is almost done. I just wating the top yoke.
Meanwhile i finished my header. Looks nice and hope it gives some more performance :lol2:

Last edited:
Back