• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motel in Mena Arkansas

Wasabi

Reaction score
Biker friendly Motel in Mena Ark

Sun Country Inn
1309 Hwy 71 North
Mena Ar 71953

877-394-7477

$68.40 double bed occupancy

Mena is on the border of Ark and Oklahoma just a hour south of Fort Smith and an hour west from Hot Springs. Mena is the starting point for the Talimena Parkway. Talimena (crosses in to Okla) is a 40 plus mile (one way) rollercoster ride in th mountains with twistiwes at both ends of the road. Well worth the trip. Lots of places to eat. Must go over the Okla side to buy booze. Just ask any local they will point the way.

The Chopping Block restaurant in Mena is one of my favorite eating places in that area. Whatever you do though, don't order the New York strip steak. You have been warned. :eek2: :lol2:

I was just Googling for Motels in Mena earlier today. I saw that one. Perfect timing this thread pops back up. Probably be staying there in April. Thanks

It is clean and the parking lot is park at your door, lighting is good as well :clap:

Mena is "dry"...if you want any adult drinks, bring it with you or take about a 45 minute (one way) drive.

The wife and I stayed here on our way to Illinois. Our room appeared to have been just renovated and was clean. Lady working the desk was very nice. Wife noticed at the front desk they had a sign for towels to wipe the bike down with which we took advantage of because it rained during the night. Next door was an Italian restaurant, which we ate at, and across the street was a Mexican restaurant. Thanks for posting this thread. :clap:

Back