• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Moto Geocaching?

Oh ya big baby! lol I'll take mud over dust everytime...

Traveldiva wants you to know that there will NOT be a CFS in the Cache.:rofl:

Good. Now I know where to hide stuff.

Okay, so what are the rules to this little game? Is this going to be a "log in" type deal where there is a book to sign or more like a "where am I" where each rider who finds the cache has to plant it some place new, like 200 miles away new?

Well, when we geo'd before we just looked for the cache, found it, added to the cache if possible and documented what we had found. Then gave a clue as to what we had added. Thus being able to prove that we'd truly found it. Please feel free to amend. Discuss....;-)

Just started caching in mid January and have had a blast. The "hedge" and "nano" caches still give me a lot of grief though. :doh:
As for leaving something in the cache, you have to assume it will be small enough to fit, and also that another cacher won't remove it. Or. are you just considering hiding your own caches which would be unafiliated with geocaching.com?

Well, from.my limited experience the "rules" were you either add to the cache or take but leave something in exchange.

Well, from.my limited experience the "rules" were you either add to the cache or take but leave something in exchange.

Absolutely correct sir. Take something, leave something of equal or more value. Just not everybody always plays by the "rules" as you probably know. Anyway, it's a heck of a good idea..

As soon as the weather agrees Traveldiva and I will begin our search for new and interesting places in the Houston and surrounding areas to place our caches. Let the games begin....;-):rider:

Will wonders never cease? The skies parted this afternoon here in SpringBranch so TravelDiva and I took a little ride. Here is our first "Motocache" and I hope everyone enjoys it. A bit of a disclaimer here if I may, the elevation on my gps changed before my eyes as I was taking the pic. Good luck and have fun. To the first person that finds it, please post a picture of it being found, but not too much information please. Someone else might enjoy the hunt as well. :rider:

th_IMG_20140316_153426_zps658930d4.jpg

We need some TWT bugs, coins, tractable tags, something.

Maybe riders have their own buttons or even a small laminated card that can be rolled to fit in the coin holder size.
Put their nick/pic on them. nick being the name they go by here.

Maybe riders have their own buttons or even a small laminated card that can be rolled to fit in the coin holder size.
Put their nick/pic on them. nick being the name they go by here.

cards with your 'nick' and your TWT avatar pic would be cool. Good idea!

Get one of those online business card companies free trial. :)

The thinnest laminates I found were 20 mil thick.
Don't know if that would roll up.

Standard card size I found was 2 1/8" x 3 3/8" with 1/8" diameter rounded

BigDog Adventures had some type of card made up.
Unsure of size and what made out of.

He puts these up in places that he has been

After thinking about it, they do not have to roll up.
The coin size holders just hold a log to sign.

Anyone tried to find Motocache #1 yet?

to be 'free', I think you have to choose from the images provided on the website.
But, still a good idea if you dont want your avatar pic

Talk to a lady friend here.
She has used Vista Print for her cards with custom image.
Said she thinks they went up in price to $10.00 for 250.

did this die?

Well, let see if we can bring it back to life.

The question that has been in the back of my mind since this topic was started is do we use the global geocache site for this, or create our own targeted at motorcycles, meaning they tend to go places that most of the caches on the other site does not go to.

Which brings up another question, what about bugs, tags and such?
I looked at the ones for sale on the geocache site and nothing there really attracted my attention for what I perceive to fit, at least to my way of thinking for Mc geocaching.

At a minimum we need something like a business card (with avatar) to show what riders have been there, and some travel bugs.

Kind of roundabout, but check out my thread on "Looking for a beater KLR for a Big Bend trip". There's a link to my ride report on another forum in which I found Meriden's cache and re-cached it in the Big Bend Ranch State Park. GPS co-ordinates and a photo clue are there.

Back