• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motocross of Nations Fuel requirements?

But what did the tested fuel have in it?

Found the FIM fuel requirements and now understand why it too so long to test. Way too complicated for me to understand. Still don't know what his fuel had that made it illegal.

Something unapproved that took 6 months to find ... :popcorn:

Well, we don't really know that, do we? Samples taken 6&7 October then . . . what? Dunno how long analysis/processing took, nor how long Italy had to file an appeal. (and I'm not motivated enough to look it all up in the regs)

At first I thought it curious that all 3 US bikes were tested but then figured that was a surefire way to ensure against quibbles that maybe a US bike used illegal fuel, too.

... During the 2018 Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations in Red Bud (United States) on 6th and 7th October 2018 fuel samples were taken to be tested in accordance with the 2018-1 FIM Technical Rules Motocross (Art.63.04 and 63.05) from the following motorcycles:

· Mr BARCIA #27 (United States)

· Mr VAN HOREBEEK #12 (Belgium)

· Mr CERVELLIN #20 (Italy)

· Mr TOMAC #25 (United States)

· Mr TIXIER #3 (France)

· Mr PLESSINGER #26 (United States)

· Mr LAWRENCE #17 (Australia)

· Mr CAIROLI #19 (Italy)

Among the aforementioned riders, the fuel tests of No. 20 Michele CERVELLIN attested non conformity with the FIM fuel specifications provided for in Art. 63.01.2 of the 2018-1 FIM Technical Rules Motocross, regarding the properties for unleaded fuel. ...

I’m afraid I would have to call ******** on the whole process , I’ve been pulling oil samples for over 40 years and every sample I turned in that was over 2 months from sample date was labeled as not reliable results because of extended time from sample date to lab date . And gas is way more volatile than used oils . And I thought the ama was the worst at cooking up rules to benefit the home team .

Back