• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: MotoGP Friday Night BBQ April 11, 2014

+1 Yeah, what he said..... ^^^^

Sure, but if you are going to be in a wheel chair or using crutches following your surgery, it sure would not be fun hauling around that massive BBQ beast around.

I guess get plenty of coffee ready, someone is gonna have to be up all night doing the prep and grill work if we ending up getting close to the same number of attendees as last year.

food2.gif

RB

Sure, but if you are going to be in a wheel chair or using crutches following your surgery, it sure would not be fun hauling around that massive BBQ beast around.

food2.gif

RB

I think that's what Jeff and I signed up for. Scott can just sit and command, at least after we show up sometime on Friday. I assume he'll have some help before then too getting everything moved in and set up. Assuming I don't have carpool duty Thursday evening, I'll help out then too.

Yep, Scott has the timeline all worked out. I'll pick up the pit Thursday evening and get it back to my place. All Scott needs to do is advise and teach. Shoot, he can sit in his chair and preach too. I'm taking Friday off so I'll be around all day.

The Scott I know is pretty quiet, doesn't have any stories to tell.

:rofl:

Who is going to purchase the meat? We will hopefully have a correct attendee count the day before. I think last time we had quite a few more people show up than the BBQ thread listed.

RB

We had extras of everything. Scott knows how to calculate the amount. I'll push his wheelchair around the HEB. Don't worry Fred, we are experts. If we need to we will also sleep at a Holiday Inn the night before.

We had extras of everything. Scott knows how to calculate the amount. I'll rent Scott an electric scooter with Ohlins suspension. Don't worry Fred, we are experts. If we need to we will also sleep at a Holiday Inn the night before.

I sorta like your idea of renting an electric scooter for Scott. The Holiday Inn is a bit over the top.

051230_JazzyWheelie_hsmall.standard.jpg

I have heard a safe rule of thumb is to allow 2lbs per person for BBQ.

RB

I'm on call for work that weekend. I'll stop by if I'm not stuck at work. I'll ask the gf if she wants to go. if she does I'm sure she'll bring a side.

Now that I got the details, I'll be there laughing at Scott and stoking the coals. Done it before; Know the drill. And have the whiskey to keep company through the wee hours.

Can I attend if I bring Stuart? And a side dish?
Many refer to me as her "arm candy".:eek2:
Tom

Hi Rusty:

Looks like I will be there with my buddy Bill. We will donate some money to help cover your expenses.

Looking forward to coming again this year.

Can I attend if I bring Stuart? And a side dish?
Many refer to me as her "arm candy".:eek2:
Tom

I suspect you'd be in more trouble if you came without her.

Side dish would be fantastic.

I'll get the list at the beginning up to date this evening. Rich, glad you are coming. Same with Mike.

The good news is that our Pitmaster has managed to get his surgury scheduled for after the race. Whether he did that through careful planning or not, I don't know, but I consider it a good thing.

Okay, list updated.

Scott and I will have meat and beans. Maybe a cobbler or two.

Here's what I know are needs at this point.

desserts.
sides.
drinks (water, sodas, ice, coolers) I'll have some, but extra helps.

My wife says we didn't have enough places for folks to sit while they ate, so

chairs
tables

desserts.
sides.

I can bring ice-tea plus bottled water for folks.

icon_bigok.gif

Regarding sitting arrangements, I call first dibs on Rich's GL1800 rear seat...no way...will I sit on someones lap again!

:lol2:

RB

I can bring ice-tea plus bottled water for folks.

icon_bigok.gif

Regarding sitting arrangements, I call first dibs on Rich's GL1800 rear seat...no way...will I sit on someones lap again!

:lol2:

RB

Not as many iced tea bottles as last time though, please. I found some in my outside fridge a month ago left from last year. :eek2: The water bottles were much appreciated though. We drank most of what you brought and I had.

Last edited:
Not as many iced tea bottles as last time though, please. I found some in my outside fridge a month ago left from last year. :eek2: The water bottles were much appreciated though. We drank most of what you brought and I had.

Do you prefer plain ice-tea or sweetened? I can also prepare cakes. What might be some favs from last time. Pecan Pie seems to be a Texas stable.

With sitting, if you have a large plastic tarp, some of us could sit on it in the backyard.

RB

Last edited:
Okay, list updated.

Scott and I will have meat and beans. Maybe a cobbler or two.

desserts.
sides.

My wife says we didn't have enough places for folks to sit while they ate, so

chairs
tables

I'll bring my four folding chairs, a couple of cases of water and hopefully talk Rhonda into making a banana pudding.

I can bring along some sides - tater salad or coleslaw or something like that. With the pitboss ambulatory again, I can still plan on being around most of Friday helping out, or you can kick me out if there are too many chefs..

Back