• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: MotoGP Friday Night BBQ April 11, 2014

Melody wants to come with so now I'm a +1. Unknown if riding or driving. Last time we went we drove so may be able to bring some chairs and desert.

Stuart and I will be there.(she said I can still bring a side dish) and a couple or tables, so we'll be in the truck.
Tom

great. I'm looking forward to this and seeing everybody.

If we need to we will also sleep at a Holiday Inn the night before.

Rusty,

I assume you won't be staying at the Holiday Inn the night before.

:rofl:

....I like your tag line about Ramesses II. Shelly's friend, Horace Smith, wrote a competing sonnet. Both of them were enamored with the large bust of Ramesses of Thebes when it showed up at the British Museum in London or so goes the story.

...Looking forward to the BBQ party!

bbq.gif

RB

Rusty,

I plan to be there but may be late coming in. I'll check back to this post & see what you still need.

Okay, I've updated the list. Let me know if I missed you or whether you have anybody else coming along. We are buying the meat either tomorrow evening or Thursday afternoon and need to make sure we have enough.

If you are on a bike, just park in the cul-de-sac near my house, which is the middle one. If you are in a car, out along the street will leave room for my neighbors to get in and out.

I'm +1.5. In lieu of a side, Rachel would like to bring chocolate cookies. Bueno?

Sent by Tapatalk

Change me from a maybe to no. I won't be able to get off work early here in Dallas. It'll be 9:00 by the time I roll into Austin.

Cookies sound great Robb. erd, sorry you can't make it. Hope to meet you sometime at one of the rides.

I will be there after kid's soccer practice, around 7:30. Feel free to call if you have any last minute needs and I can stop by the grocery store on the way.

-Jay

I'll be riding, but I can bring my own folding chair and enough local Dallas area beer for the interested to sample. I can pick up and bring anything that's lacking- so if ya'll are missing something post a message here, I'll check before I leave to head that way, and can bring it. Just don't ask me to bring another BBQ pit as the VTX doesn't have a trailer hitch to hook it to.

What's missing Rusty? I'm going to the store Friday morning.

What's missing Rusty? I'm going to the store Friday morning.

Well, we have meat and beans covered. Oh, and Scott is making mashed potatoes too. Fred is bringing water and tea(?) We'll make a cobbler so I know of one dessert. So really, sides and desserts are the open hole right now. Several folks volunteered to bring chairs. I'm going to go buy a long folding table. I think Scott has one, but can't remember. Oh and several are bringing some beer. Plus drinks are easy to run out for since the HEB is only a mile and a half away. Food takes a bit longer.

So, sides or dessert. Plus some hands. Somewhere around 5pm it will get busy with meat coming off the pit, potatoes needing mashing, cobbler going into the oven. Beans will get made around noon.

I believe Scott is planning for some fatties in the morning (sausage rolls for the uninitiated) for those that are around helping at that point.

Here's the tentative timetable from the Pitmaster:

6:00pm - serve
5:30pm - start pulling/slicing
4:30pm - everything in the coolers to rest (briskets/butts)
3:30pm - sausage on
6:00am - briskets on (10.5hrs)
5:00am - butts on (11.5hrs)
4:00am - start fire
3:30am - fire prep

I have a 6' table but that's pretty much dedicated to pit master duties....

Shaping up on my end to be:
Brisket
Pulled Pork
Venison/Beef sausage links
Zero-calorie mashed 'taters :rofl:

Plain maple flavored smoked sausage/biscuits for breakfast, maybe 8-ish? If I feel creative, I'll stuff them with, well.... stuff.

I'll be there in time to help, before 5.

I'll bring a pie. Everyone likes pie.

Scott and Rusty,

It is shaping up to be a great event! I will be there with plenty of time to spare to mash taters' and to help clean up too. I'll bring the tea and water.

Thanks for going to all the effort to put this on guys.

:clap:

Fred

Rusty, remember I'm bringing empanadas, will need to be in the oven for about 30 minutes.

Is the current head count up to date?

From mobile

Rusty, remember I'm bringing empanadas, will need to be in the oven for about 30 minutes.

Is the current head count up to date?

From mobile

Headcount will be around 40, I think.

Tom, any sort of of side or dessert is fine. Or just come. We aren't going to starve.

Rusty, Thomas and I are sitting around sipping this evening just waiting on tomorrow. :chug:

What's been presented so far based on the comments...

Stuffed jalapeños
Beef brisket
Pork shoulder (butt)
Beef sausage links
Empanadas

No-cal mashers
Potato salad or coleslaw
Bean pot
'tater salad
Bread

Peach Cobbler
Chocolate cookies