• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MotoGP Kicks off in Qatar this weekend, Double Header runs next Weekend! (Potential Spoilers)

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
MotoGP takes to the grid tomorrow for Friday practice. Should be great I have the video pass so I will watch lots of practice and Q1 and Q2. Looking forward to racing. I believe SBK starts in May. No Marquez in the first two rounds though, even though he is riding bikes again. Woo Hoo!

Ahh, I didn't see the final work on Marquez - he's officially out for Qatar? Even once back, missing an entire season MUST take some toll on him - I expect him to actually need to fight for podiums and wins this year.

Is the winning machine that was Marquez broken? Weā€™ll find out soon enough.

I'd really like to see Rossi win a few. Have to say last season was some great racing with several guys making it to the podium. I hope they get COTA back in the late season schedule.

I think Rossi is past it at 42 yrs old. Sad, but likely true. Marquez will be back after Qatar and I think he will have stuff to prove. Watch Jack Miller, he seems at home on the factory Ducati, of course, Mir is world champ, so there is that.

Just motogp on TV. Not live. No moto2. No moto3. NBCSN at 10:30 pm šŸ˜­

$165 to subscribe. That gets you access to all classes. Practice, testing, qualifying, races, interviews. Access to multiple cameras etc. It is worth it.

Worth every penny, just finished watching MotoGP qualifying, new all time record, going to be a great race, then we do it again next week.

I thought about printing new record. Will this thread have possible spoilers? Still it was not the fastest lap. Excited its here. I would like to get package but we have slow internet service out here on Rise Broadband. If I try it would ROKU stream it to TV like Netflix, or would I have to watch it on computer screen?
Right now I watch it delayed like Tuesday on YouTube but quality is bad, guess it is bootlegged.

Last edited:
I think one of you guys should give us your access šŸ˜‰

I'm assuming this thread will contain spoilers, so I avoided it until I watched the race last night.

Amazing weekend in MotoGP. And, they do it again at the same track this weekend! I really like that 1/2 combo. The Duc's start off the grid was insane, they aren't invincible, but do totally own the straights when they need to (and apparently have enough fuel to burn). Honda still has things to learn, though Pol is doing his best to be a quick study. Yamaha's were strange. Aprillia impresses!

The Duc's start off the grid was insane
That was so crazy, I had to scoop my jaw up off of the floor. Of course, with a start like that it just makes you want to root against them, which made the race really fun to watch. Best play was by Bagnaia to see the opportunity and pounce by hooking up the trailer hitch.

I think we get two wide open races, this one and next week. Then Marquez comes back and it gets serious. I think he will be on form within a couple of weekends. Also Joe Roberts did 6th and Cameron Beubier did 11th on his first ever Moto2 race. Lots of great stuff out there.

I dunno about Marquez' return. He was out all of 2020, and the Honda is still a beast to ride. If Mav can get another 25 (or at least 20) points before Marc even sits on the bike - that could be a big hole to dig out of. Of course, Marc beat Mav by more that 200 points in '19 - but a lot has happened since then. But I expect a Duc to win next week, splitting up the points... Mir will have a hard time defending his crown, but he was fighting for it!

Such a wonderful way to waste time

Think anyone can beat Ducati from stating grid to turn one ? They got a hole shot no one else has, Watched a fair full race on YouTube last night.

Back