• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MotoGP Kicks off in Qatar this weekend, Double Header runs next Weekend! (Potential Spoilers)

Marc Marquez was lucky after that high side to keep racing only to crash again. He was way out in front, I thought he was going to have a comeback party.

Marc Marquez was lucky after that high side to keep racing only to crash again. He was way out in front, I thought he was going to have a comeback party.
There's no way that arm is in good enough shape to be riding.

Why do you say that?

FP1 - in the wet conditions he was 5th fastest & in the 1'41"s which spanned places 3 thru 16
FP2 - he was .885 seconds off the leader's pace,
FP3 - wet again, he was 1st & over 1/2 second ahead of the #2
FP4 - 5th and just over 1/10 of a second off 1st place
Q2 - 6th, less than 1/2 second off the pace

Every session he ran at or close to the highest number of laps by riders.

During the race he ran the 4th fastest lap overall, 1/3rd second off the fastest time. Obviously speed is not a problem, as for stamina, he was checking off PB laps all the way up to 19 during FP2 which is almost full race distance.

Yes, he's still in recovery mode but he led the race at one point!

His arm is plenty strong, structurally. He just needs to rebuild muscle strength and endurance.

As far as yesterday's flag to flag race. He's still the best at it IMO. He would have been on the podium and contending for the win yesterday if he didn't push quite so much at the beginning. I think he just tried too much too fast. He crashed, then was lapping faster than the leaders after the crash when he crashed again. If he had backed off just a bit, he would have been contending for the lead.

I saw Nicky Hayden twice I think in 2013 an 2014 at Circuit of The Americas. I also saw Collin Edwards. We need an American full time in Moto GP. Wishing Gerloff all the best this weekend on the Yamaha. Morbidelli in 11 place has 41 points. Quatararo in first has 131. After last weeks win Mark Marquez in 10th place has 41 points. Is it possible?

DORNA feel the same way, if you notice how much announcer & camera time they devote to Roberts & Beaubier they really want the US market on board.

Back