• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MotoGP Kicks off in Qatar this weekend, Double Header runs next Weekend! (Potential Spoilers)

Also, what's with Yamaha and Suzuki being such cheapskates. Every rider gets a nice comfy color matching racing chair with their name on it in the pits, Suzuki riders gets the nicest looking sturdy folding chair. Yamaha riders get a Walmart folding chair.

I think he was worn out, pushed as much as he could. His reaction after was pretty telling. Even in the interview later he was pretty emotional. Don't ever think that this isn't everything to these guys. To ride these bikes is life to these folks. I am glad he is back, I do point out he did better than lots of them and didn't crash so there is that. Going to be a good season hopefully.

Also, what's with Yamaha and Suzuki being such cheapskates. Every rider gets a nice comfy color matching racing chair with their name on it in the pits, Suzuki riders gets the nicest looking sturdy folding chair. Yamaha riders get a Walmart folding chair.

Hey, making the bikes fast is more important. Maybe folding chair folks sponsor them.

Think Marc had flashbacks when rubbing tires? That really seemed to take the fire out of him after that. Still, an impressive showing for him, I think he'll only get better.

Yes, I think that spooked him, but he looked totally drained after the race. 500+ days since finishing a race really wears on your fitness, I believe. He's going to need to eat his wheeties pretty quickly to get fit enough to fight for the top again.

Any word on what happened to Pol?

Yes, I think that spooked him, but he looked totally drained after the race. 500+ days since finishing a race really wears on your fitness, I believe. He's going to need to eat his wheeties pretty quickly to get fit enough to fight for the top again.
Did you see Quartararo's heart rate monitor? I've been monitoring my workouts and I know how hard I have to work to get to 170bpm and let me tell you it's pretty hard. For them to work that hard for 40+ minutes straight doing something that can kill them, tell me they aren't athletes.

I think Marc had the combination of spooked and tired. He was fighting till that incident and then he immediately backed off. He was still running a killer pace though so it wore on him for sure. Even though I don't like him, seeing him at the end pulling off his helmet and seeing the emotion gave me the good feels. I hate to see stuff like that happen to anyone, and it's good to have him back on the track to root against. Rooting against Zarco only is getting tiring.

I was one of the fools/believers expecting him to end on the podium after 9 months away. Glad he lasted the whole race and didn’t crash. Now I understand it will be a process, hoping each race he gets back to his former self. Most on the paddock believe he will.

Read an interview this morning. Said he realized he was in over his head in the first few laps, wasn't ready to run like that. Backed off and focused on finishing the race. With six laps to go his body told him he was done so he was basically just riding along for those last laps. Only came in 13 seconds behind a blistering Quartararo while he rode backed off and completely spent. Lots of riders behind him giving it their all. Kinda proves a point, right?

I think his curve will be steep and short. One or two more, at most, and I think he will be near or on the podium. He could still get close to the title as well. Good to have him back. I am sorry to say I think Rossi is completely done, so there is that.

What I've heard is that if any other scheduled GP events were cancelled, then COTA and Argentina would be how they'd try to add another race back in. But - that mostly sounds like speculation, as scheduling an event of this size can't be done to very quickly..

Mark my words Ladies & Gentlemen, we have glimpsed the future World Champion and his name is Pedro Acosta.

He rode a calm, smooth race with a maturity and economy almost unbelievable for a 16 year old. The way he controlled the bike as it tried to high side on the last corner reminded me of another certain Spaniard known for his ability to save himself from the seemingly inevitable.

I've heard that alongside about every other low wage position out there, COTA is struggling to staff up after letting everyone go.

Interesting FP1 and FP2 times for M Marquez this week. Both about 1:38.3 with FP1 placing 3rd and FP2 placing 16th. Could he be playing possum? Guess we will see in qualifying. I only read about it so I may be missing reason
Edit. Saw where Marc ran off track, it looked like he kept bike up on two wheels.

Last edited:
So, dang that sucks for Fabio. He's already had arm pump surgery. Wonder if this'll signal the end for him. Really thought he'd see some great years for sure ahead of him, he can sure ride, but that sucks to have something like that come on and ruin it for you.

He's already had arm pump surgery.
I had to go look this up as I'd never heard of it before. Apparently it's the same thing I get when I try to jog or do a lot of fast walking. You could really see the pain in Fabio's eyes when they cut to the face shots after the race.

Fabio had it in 2019. Is it something you need to get redone at a regular interval, or is it like, "Well, we tried to fix it but you are broke and nothing we can do at this point."
Mat Oxley is the absolute best writer on the subject of bike racing, he covered this and Miller's great back story this morning;

Jack had arm pump surgery before Qatar, not the end.
Unfortunately FQ already had it and apparently it didn't work, or only worked for a couple years.

Hopefully they solve it. I was happy for Jack, but that had to suck for Fabio.

So what happened to Fabio?

What is arm pump surgery?

Edit: nvm I found the info

So, Marc wasn't playing possum. That FP3 crash was nasty looking, then Pol did the same thing, same turn? He (Marc) made decent progress at the very start, P14 up to P10 or 11 pretty quickly, then there was some off-camera incident that dropped him to 15, and he kinda never recovered. Seems he's still spooked and only running at 99% instead of his typical 101%. I really hope we get to see him at his best again; if he can't get there in the next couple races, I fear his best is behind him.

Smart of Rossi to start his own GP team, but I hope it's not Ducati - 7 is enough bikes from a single maker. I wish he's take Aprilla. I bet a donut he announces his retirement as a rider once he announces his team's riders and rides.

Alex and Danilo need some results to stay at this level for much longer.

So, Marc wasn't playing possum. That FP3 crash was nasty looking, then Pol did the same thing, same turn? He (Marc) made decent progress at the very start, P14 up to P10 or 11 pretty quickly, then there was some off-camera incident that dropped him to 15, and he kinda never recovered. Seems he's still spooked and only running at 99% instead of his typical 101%. I really hope we get to see him at his best again; if he can't get there in the next couple races, I fear his best is behind him.

Smart of Rossi to start his own GP team, but I hope it's not Ducati - 7 is enough bikes from a single maker. I wish he's take Aprilla. I bet a donut he announces his retirement as a rider once he announces his team's riders and rides.

Alex and Danilo need some results to stay at this level for much longer.

Marc dropped out of Jerez testing after just 7 laps, he has a long way to go still. Pol is also complaining about issues with the RC213V, T6 was certainly cruel to HRC last weekend.

I'm sure Rossi is playing for the highest bidder, recent results aside, he's still the biggest superstar in motorcycling, especially in the Asian markets where bike sales are critical. I think Aprilia will stay with Grisini and add Dovi for an Italian love-fest and guaranteed daily coverage at the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Pedro Acosta! Did I call it? Rides a Moto3 bike like Lorenzo did on a GP machine.

Hate to see these young men when they are old after all the surgeries. Their choice and money.
When I heard/read about these recurring surgeries, I instantly think of men like Mick Doohan and the way he has to hobble around today. But the #1 cringe-worthy guy is Jim Otto of the Oakland Raider. 14 seasons of football and 74 surgeries. Ugh.

SS

Back