• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motopia Cafe open in Dallas

Re: Motopia Cafe in Dallas...

Was a fun Sunday morning to hang out there with the gang plus my bike got a wash and a detail. Cool trendy place.

I did pick up a nail on the ride home. At least it's in the center of the back tire so I can plug it.

Re: Motopia Cafe in Dallas...

Went today. Food was good and the detail job was great!. It is a comfortable place to hang out. I was made to feel very welcome by everyone. The owner Rene' and co-owner Ramir were very nice and both came to shake my hand and introduce themselves. I had lunch with Dragwin too, so that was a bonus.
I will go back.

Forgot to add that Ramir gave me a cap because I was the first bike in for a detail for the day. :clap:

I made my first visit yesterday. I think these guys are tapping a niche that has been overlooked in Dallas. It is my understanding that he is going to have watching parties for bike related showings. I think this could really be a great place for meeting other riders, surf the net, snack, and stand around looking good in your leathers.:eek2:

I drove by today (not on the bike, was busy but wanted to swing by)..

What kind of parking is there, for say a meet and greet? It looked sparse, but I might have missed additional parking. Anyone?

Very little parking. Not really enough for a M&G.

There is parking in the back but not too many spaces. On the weekend, you can park in the lot to south of the building.

I went down there last Saturday (1/26) and had lunch while Adam cleaned up the Connie 14. It is a real nice place and I met some interesting folks while I was there. A steady change of faces over the 3 hours I was hanging out and a few people were there when I arrived and still there when I headed down the road.

Hey, I found out about this forum while I was visiting Motopia for the first time. Two great finds in one day. Sweet. I've hung out there on a couple saturdays, doing homework from thier office center with free wifi. While I was there Adam installed some Freeway Blaster Horns and Back-Off taillights for me. They have a new tire changer that I saw in action for the first time as well. I think I will get al the non-major work done at Motopia, they are alot nicer than the dealer and you can have a coffee or adult beverage and chat with the guy who works on your ride. Can't beat that with a stick. Fantastic place and the Food is Awesome. :eat:

Hey, I had already purchased them. I know that Adam has some relationships with parts and accessories and can get deals on some stuff. I will probably check with him next time just to see what kind of price he can get. Motopia does not stock any kind of inventory, but I know that Adam has gone to get the right tires or oil for a bike when he has been given some notice and asked to help!

Sounds like a good place to ride in and people watch, might be worth the urban exposure I try to avoid on a bike. Good food is always a plus.

As for the tire change cost, they will take it off for you, or do a loose wheel, I would email Adam about the cost at adam@motopiacafe.com

Motopia Cafe!

Probably everybody already knows this, BUT...

There's a very cool new cafe in Dallas, dedicated to Euro bikes/owners called "Motopia Cafe" (http://www.motopiacafe.com/). It's on the SW corner of Central Expressway and Fitzhugh (about 100 yards south of Fitzhugh on the southbound access road).

Big screen TVs for watching MC videos, comfortable atmosphere (fireplace, too), all kinds of friendly people there (owner Rene is always there, introducing riders to each other). AND the food is great! :eat:

Some parking in front, lots more in back and next door (after hours). Bike detailing shop/service on premise. Many cool MC mags lying about.

Great place to meet up before/after a ride or just hang out (my favorite). :rider:

Good folks deserve a plug. I think you'll like it, too.

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Motopia Cafe!

Thanks, you answered the question I was trying to get an answer to....parking. i didn't stop, I just drove by with the wife last week. How good a place would this be for a meet and greet?

(yes, the place has been discussed. If we put a ban on discussing topics more than once, we might as well shut up the board entire, eh? LOL)

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23835

Last edited:

Thanks, you answered the question I was trying to get an answer to....parking. i didn't stop, I just drove by with the wife last week. How good a place would this be for a meet and greet?

(yes, the place has been discussed. If we put a ban on discussing topics more than once, we might as well shut up the board entire, eh? LOL)

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23835
IMHO, this will end up being THE premiere M&G location in Dallas. Parties, too.

I often go to the Thursday night N. Dallas M&G at a Starbucks, which has no big screens with cool MC videos going, no food (i.e., meals), no devoted-to-Euro-bikes atmosphere - I hope that the M&G will re-locate to Motopia or that another Dallas M&G will begin there.

It is SUCH a cool place to hang out. It really feels like "my clubhouse", ya know?

Morgan,

Several groups already do M@Gs there. I've seen Ducatti, Harley and BMW groups there. There is plenty of parking because there is a lot next door that can be used and a parking garage right behind the location.

Let's put something together. I'd love to make the trip up there to check this place out. It's be even more fun with a few friends.

We discussed moving the Thursday M&G to Motopia but, during the Spring and Summer we have upwards of 30+ bikes show up and the parking lot at Motopia just wouldn't handle it.

rob

Back