• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Motorangutan Cycles - South Austin Motorcycle Sales and Riding Gear.

Re: How many of you here wear an "Adventure" helmet?

I bought an Icon Variant when I picked up my DL650. No problems in the wind. Wish the face shield could be changed a little easier.

Re: How many of you here wear an "Adventure" helmet?

To Kurt's point different version of a helmet may have different performance characteristics and by the time the XD4 came out one would hope that Arai had made some improvements. I moved fro the really bad Joe Rocket to the XD4 and the performance difference was night and day. Someone moving from a street helmet someone might perceive any buffeting as significant, but frankly I don't notice it. I love the bill and every time I have removed it I've put it right back on.

Where these helmets really come into their own is when the rider need to use goggles. Having the ability to drop the face shield over your goggles on a cold morning really makes a marked difference in comfort. Having been on a couple of rides where goggles were a must have item, I appreciate this feature most.

The removable chin guard on the Givi is an interesting feature.

I'll tell you what I want and can't find in Austin. Firstgear jackets and gear.

I'll tell you what I want and can't find in Austin. Firstgear jackets and gear.

I do pretty well with their mesh lo boots in store. I've tried their gloves and only the 50-80 cold weather gloves have garnered interest.

The Kilimanjaro jacket has been returned twice last winter each time the complaint was that cold air leaked in through the front zipper.

Which Firstgear products do you want to see? Most of their stuff is only about 1 day away from me since it ships out of Ft. Worth.

I've been shopping for a replacement for my mesh Firstgear jacket. I really want to try one on though.

I've been shopping for a replacement for my mesh Firstgear jacket. I really want to try one on though.

Let me know which one you are interested in and I'll get it in for you to try. It's easy for me to send stuff back to the distributor if it doesn't work.

I might have to come check this place out. I'm due for some new gear, but I really like to put my grubby little mitts on it first. There aren't too many stores that have a decent selection of gear.

Awesome new stuff in Motorangutan! I am excited to check out the MSR jacket in particular. Wes is solid brohim that will treat you right, give great prices, and seek out any gear or parts your looking for. He is also a donor to the Wounded Warrior Project, providing a generous raffle item for Roll the Bones. I hope you will give Wes a shot for your business!

In store now! Arai XD4 helmets, Forma boots, and MSR 3/4 D30 armored jackets compliment each other nicely.

1513792_948778541818111_3617456454161847400_n.jpg

10522660_948778488484783_9155962657482762466_n.jpg

1520632_948778531818112_686625191464941792_n.jpg

Re: Pink Gorilla Cycles - South Austin Motorcycle Sales and Riding Gear.

Bell Helmets now ready to ship! The auto tinting shield is really great!

http://pinkgorillacycles.com/brand/manufacturer/bell

I got my Bell street helmet from Wes along with the auto-tint shield. The shield works great, goes from clear, to slight tint, to full-tilt dark tint! Its nice because it adjusts itself based on light conditions. I also store my Bell in the helmet bag inside the house (not in a hot, muggy garage). Keeping it in the helmet bag keeps it safe and helps make sure I dont accidently scratch it.

^^^^^^^

Nice looking boots for sure , along with the helmet .

My concerns would be ,

Does he have a Big & Tall section ? Or even be able to get a bunch of big stuff in for a for sure sale ? As long as if it don't fit , be able to return it so it wouldn't cost him out of pocket ??

Kinda what I can do online , order 5-10 of a few diff things and return the no fit items for a refund .

I'd do that for the small guy as long as he wouldn't be hit with charges .

^^^^^^^

Nice looking boots for sure , along with the helmet .

My concerns would be ,

Does he have a Big & Tall section ? Or even be able to get a bunch of big stuff in for a for sure sale ? As long as if it don't fit , be able to return it so it wouldn't cost him out of pocket ??

Kinda what I can do online , order 5-10 of a few diff things and return the no fit items for a refund .

I'd do that for the small guy as long as he wouldn't be hit with charges .

Yes sir. I do that all the time for customers.

Yes sir. I do that all the time for customers.

Cheese ,

can you look into your suppliers that have true to size 50-54 jackets that are of good quality and will take back your returns .

ex. I have 4 Joe Rocket jackets , all marked 4xl , I have 1 that fits and others that come nowhere close .

I'll look around myself also , to try to find what i like and let you know ,

Between the 2 of us , maybe we can come up with something nice that will work .

I'll hollar after the Holiday and let you know exactly , or close to what i'm looking for .

Thanks for your help .

Cheese ,

can you look into your suppliers that have true to size 50-54 jackets that are of good quality and will take back your returns .

ex. I have 4 Joe Rocket jackets , all marked 4xl , I have 1 that fits and others that come nowhere close .

I'll hollar after the Holiday and let you know exactly , or close to what i'm looking for .

Thanks for your help .

What kind of jacket are you looking for? Summer, Winter, multi-layer, or Leather?

What kind of jacket are you looking for? Summer, Winter, multi-layer, or Leather?

Decent Summer , and an O.K. Winter .

Actually for my brother , I found a couple on Fleabay .

I'll get the brands of Jackets later this evening or tomorrow .

I'll most likely post a link . If I remember they both were located in the U.K. and returning is basically out the question .

On Black Friday I stopped into Motorangutan and tried on the new MSR Adventure jacket! I got on one on order!

I was very impressed with the quality of construction, features and fit. I plan to wear a fleece under it for warmth, and later get an electric jacket which will fit. The sizing is a bit on the larger side to allow for a good underlayer. I have put on weight, and I am now border line between M or L sizing. The Med I tried on still provided some room inside, so I can get air flow, but also still had enough room for fleece or electric gear. I think a Large would be too big esp, when using just a thin underlayer.

The arm chinches are hidden and allow you to snug up the fit. The cut is very nice, with a low back and pre-curved arms. Its water proof with big waterproof zippers and venting system. No need to haul around Frog Togg uppers. The armour is subtantial, gives great coverage, and is in the right location.

I'm planning to use this as my fall weather and full on cold weather touring jacket, with electric undergarmet. This will replace the Tourmaster I plumb wore out after five years. I will use my Tourmaster Flex pants with the jacket, and have the zippers connected up.

Highly recommended and I am excited about trying it out in some cold weather!

1520632_948778531818112_686625191464941792_n.jpg

Re: Motorangutan Cycles - S.Austin Dual Sport and ADV Gear!

So, Wes at Motorangutan gave me a fantastic deal on the new MSR Explorer series Alterra jacket!
Wearing this home I immediately noticed the following, and I am very pleased with this long distance, cool to freezing cold jacket!
- The quality of the materials is excellent, its a cut above many lower priced jackets and feels very long lasting and durable
- The collar is very comfortable, snug, and is lined. The little tab for holding the collar open is excellent!
- The cut is very comfortable, and well proportioned. The internal chinching tabs allow you to snug up the fit so it does not flap around, and the body armor stays in place.
- The big zipper is easy to use, and the lower portion opens so you it does not bunch up on the bottom when on the bike.
- The armor feels very substantial and offers great coverage, I felt very secure in this jacket.
- Has front chest padding to protect if you go over bars or windshield, or take a rock from someone's roost.
- Overall the jacket is very light, so it does not feel cumbersome when wearing it.
- The med size fits well, allowing a fleece or electric jacket liner inside. I think the comfort, wind proofing, and protection overall are fantastic.
Highly recommended, and check in with Wes at Motoranguatan to get a great deal from a local busniness owner!

Shows the reflective piping, numerous pockets, and water proof zippers.
MSRXplora1_zps780c686a.jpg

Comfortable padded collar with reflective logo.
MSRXplor12_zps7a22c258.jpg

Tab to hold back collar so it does not flap around.
MSRXplor3_zpsf192f7d3.jpg

Substantial high tech D30 armor and extra outside shoulder padding to resist abrasion.
MSRXplor2_zpsd3159b3f.jpg

MSRXplor10_zpse5b8d724.jpg

MSRXplor11_zps3e6b58e0.jpg

Windproof sleeve that goes over your hands and seals out wind from the cuff.
MSRXplor9_zps5e38574d.jpg

Big YKK zipper with wind flap.
MSRXplor8_zps71b05a10.jpg

External fleece lined hand warmer pocket with internal chinch to snug up the fit.
MSRXplor7_zps7212ed9b.jpg

One of two sleeve vents with internal chinch to sung up the arms.
MSRXplor5_zps3303f808.jpg

Chest vent with water proof zipper.
MSRXplor4_zps4370910c.jpg

Large rear back vent with rain flap that tucks up to fully open vent, water proof zipper.
MSRXplor1_zps253f11db.jpg

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

Cheese ,

Thanks for your help .

Decent Summer , and an O.K. Winter .

Actually for my brother , I found a couple on Fleabay .

I'll get the brands of Jackets later this evening or tomorrow .

I'll most likely post a link . If I remember they both were located in the U.K. and returning is basically out the question .

ARMR brand

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/191382939950?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=490496771299&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]Armr Moto Kiso Stone Beige Waterproof Touring Adventure Motorcycle Jacket | eBay[/ame]

KLIM

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/361043445198?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]Klim Klimate Parka Jacket Black 5X Large Adventure Riding 3177 002 190 000 | eBay[/ame]

RICHA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Richa-Spiri..._Merchandise&var=&hash=item20f1ec7985&vxp=mtr

It would sure be nice if a small dealer like yall could order the Gear in a few different brands with a few different sizes for each to see how fitment is .

No possible way would I expect you to be out of pocket 1 single cent sending things back that don't fit correctly or product quality not as expected .

I dont know if that's a possibility , but sure would be nice .

PM me if you think we can work something out .:deal:

Hey Bigman, if you find something that will fit him, let me know. I've been looking for the same thing. Really like that Armr jacket. I may have to make a trip back over to LA before the end of the year and I'll try to get by JC Motors in Anaheim (place that has the Klim jacket). I'd much rather do business with a Texas company though.

Hey Bigman, if you find something that will fit him, let me know. I've been looking for the same thing. Really like that Armr jacket. I may have to make a trip back over to LA before the end of the year and I'll try to get by JC Motors in Anaheim (place that has the Klim jacket). I'd much rather do business with a Texas company though.

I sure will Jbird ,

I believe the Richa products go up to 10x , whatever that means :eat:
T
They also make riding pants . I found an add somewhere that you can buy the jacket and pants as a package .

Once we / he / you / can get our hands on them , or find a dealer to work with , we can finally get all official and outfitted for the Runway . :lol2:

The tourmaster Intake air would be a good jacket for that temp range. Tourmaster is a relaxed fit and comes in 4XL. I could easily get that one in for you to try.

https://www.motorangutan.com/apparel/jackets/tour-master-intake-air-3-jacket-motorcycle-jacket

How bout that Richta Brand , any luck with that brand ?

As soon as the smoke blows over , we'll get something rolling on this .

Quite a few Big dudes out there that would like some decent gear and a decent price .

Thanks Cheese and Happy New Year .

How bout that Richta Brand , any luck with that brand ?

As soon as the smoke blows over , we'll get something rolling on this .

Quite a few Big dudes out there that would like some decent gear and a decent price .

Thanks Cheese and Happy New Year .

I'm not set up with Richta, but I can look into it to see if I can order small quantities.

Back