• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Motorangutan Cycles - South Austin Motorcycle Sales and Riding Gear.

On Black Friday I stopped into Motorangutan and tried on the new MSR Adventure jacket! I got on one on order!

I was very impressed with the quality of construction, features and fit. I plan to wear a fleece under it for warmth, and later get an electric jacket which will fit. The sizing is a bit on the larger side to allow for a good underlayer. I have put on weight, and I am now border line between M or L sizing. The Med I tried on still provided some room inside, so I can get air flow, but also still had enough room for fleece or electric gear. I think a Large would be too big esp, when using just a thin underlayer.

The arm chinches are hidden and allow you to snug up the fit. The cut is very nice, with a low back and pre-curved arms. Its water proof with big waterproof zippers and venting system. No need to haul around Frog Togg uppers. The armour is subtantial, gives great coverage, and is in the right location.

I'm planning to use this as my fall weather and full on cold weather touring jacket, with electric undergarmet. This will replace the Tourmaster I plumb wore out after five years. I will use my Tourmaster Flex pants with the jacket, and have the zippers connected up.

Highly recommended and I am excited about trying it out in some cold weather!

1520632_948778531818112_686625191464941792_n.jpg

Is this available in a true 4x. I have had the same experience as others in that 4x could swallow or choke me. I really like the design of the jacket:trust:

Is this available in a true 4x. I have had the same experience as others in that 4x could swallow or choke me. I really like the design of the jacket:trust:

Ghost, Wes can chime in here too. My Med runs on the large side, so you can layer under it. I can wear a larger cut Med, but its still borderline for me. I can fit an electric liner under this jacket, which is my plan. A lot of the fit has to do with the CUT of the jacket. This jacket is cut with a long 3/4 torso, my question is do they adjust this given the 4X sizing (if they have it).

Thank you Wes and Team for sourcing CCW brand motorcycle parts for me. Wes is a dealer for these super cool little bikes. My customers CCW was stolen, subsequently recovered in damaged condition and I needed parts. Wes took care of me!

Back