• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Motorangutan Cycles - South Austin Motorcycle Sales and Riding Gear.

Reaction score
Motorangutan offers sales of motorcycle Riding Gear, Accessories, and Pre-Owned Motorcycles. We have a no hassle return policy and price matching to all online retailers. Order online from us and support a local business!

Email me directly for "TWTEX" discounts! wes@motorangutan.com

Visit our site: www.motorangutan.com

We have a bunch of products listed, but have a lot of work to do getting all our products listed. If you don't see it just ask.

Our site is linked directly to our distributors so we can check stock levels for you in real time. If it's not in stock you can't order it. We do what many of the other big online retailers do and drop ship directly from the distributor's warehouses across the US.

You also have the ability to view exactly what we have hanging on the walls through the site. I think this is a nice feature for local Austinites.

Let me know if there's anything you guys need.

-wes
1979637_848553978507235_3035037791105642657_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Pink Gorilla Cycles - South Austin Motorcycle Sales and Riding Gear.

I know this guy and actually recommended that he join TWT so if you are in the market for a used bike or gear he will give you a **** of a deal.

I am having a little problem browsing the website. When I select in-store products and apply filter I get a message that an illegal choice has been detected.

A couple Strom riders could use this one. The photochromatic shield is a great option.

2012-Bell-Vortex-Flying-Tiger-Helmet-Silver.jpg

Nice site, i notice you don't really have any sportbikes. Is this due to changing inventory or do yall focus on cruisers?

Nice site, i notice you don't really have any sportbikes. Is this due to changing inventory or do yall focus on cruisers?

I do try to get sportbikes, but they're harder to turn. The cruisers seem to be working pretty well.

When I'm at the dealer auction I see some of the big dealerships paying really high prices for the sportbikes. I can usually go on CL and find them cheaper.

Cant go wrong with the Speed + Strength. I just got one of there leather sport jackets and it is a GREAT. Also have a pair of Firstgear cold weather gloves and they keep me nice and warm

I see you sell Cleveland Cyclewerks bikes. How's your experience with those so far?

As a 250cc nerd, they intrigue me. I almost wanted to buy a Heist, but stuck with the Suzuki TU250 for practical reasons...

Next time I'm in Austin, I'll have to swing by and check out your shop and sit on one! :rider:

So far the Clevelands have impressed me. I got in a Misfit a couple months ago to confirm the quality before I became a dealer. I have a bunch of them coming today. A few Misfits and a couple Heists. I have a long waiting list for them already simply by being listed as a dealer on CCW's site.

The bike rides and handles reasonably well for a smaller bike. The suspension works better than expected. It's not mushy like other smaller bikes I've ridden. Disc brakes w/braided lines front and rear, tach, and fuel gauge are nice accents. I've had conversations with the engineer in Cleveland and I've taken away that they are really concerned with keeping quality up despite being made in China.

I've ridden it pretty hard. I pretty much wring it out each time I accelerate and get the RPM's up to 10-11k regularly.

Feel free to swing by and take one for a spin!

FYI - Pink Gorilla is now doing bicycles! Mainly highend bicycles.

It really gets confusing when I talk about bikes to people. I have to be specific on bicycle or motorcycle!

FYI - Pink Gorilla is now doing bicycles! Mainly highend bicycles.

It really gets confusing when I talk about bikes to people. I have to be specific on bicycle or motorcycle!

LOL. I STILL get calls 3 yrs after opening from people thinking im a bicycle shop...

I have a friend who has been to your shop and speaks highly of the service she received

Wes at Pink Gorilla is a friend of mine, and a real stand up guy. He loves motorcycles, bikes, gear, and that's why he decided to start up his own business doing something he enjoys. Wes helped me sell a motorcycle, and I got my helmet, jacket, batteries, brake pads and other parts from him. Any gear I need, I think of him first before going anywhere else.

Awesome guy that will treat you right! :clap::clap::clap:

(I'm hoping to convert him to dual sport riding, he would be a natural!)

I may take you up on this as I will be in Austin tomorrow and Friday! :)

So far the Clevelands have impressed me. I got in a Misfit a couple months ago to confirm the quality before I became a dealer. I have a bunch of them coming today. A few Misfits and a couple Heists. I have a long waiting list for them already simply by being listed as a dealer on CCW's site.

The bike rides and handles reasonably well for a smaller bike. The suspension works better than expected. It's not mushy like other smaller bikes I've ridden. Disc brakes w/braided lines front and rear, tach, and fuel gauge are nice accents. I've had conversations with the engineer in Cleveland and I've taken away that they are really concerned with keeping quality up despite being made in China.

I've ridden it pretty hard. I pretty much wring it out each time I accelerate and get the RPM's up to 10-11k regularly.

Feel free to swing by and take one for a spin!

Back