• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycle Bragging Rights - Brand Loyalty

5 Hondas, 3 Triumphs, 2 Suzukis, 1 Yamaha, 1 Kawasaki, 1 Ducati, 1 BMW

4 V-Twins, 3 Triples, 2 V-4s. 2 Flat 6's, 2 Thumpers, 1 Parallel Twin

1 Doodle Bug
1 Jawa 125
1 Cushman Eagle
4 Honda's 125, 250, 305, 400
1 Triumph Bonnevile 650
1 Harley Road Glide
1 Kawasaki KLR 650

Looking at the DRZ400, or an F800GS, or maybe a WR250R nest. Guess I don't have any loyalty.

4 V-Twins, 3 Triples, 2 V-4s. 2 Flat 6's, 2 Thumpers, 1 Parallel Twin
That's a pretty decent quantity to not have a single I4 in there. I bet that's pretty unusual, especially given how some of the others you have are pretty rare out there comparatively speaking.

I care nothing about brand identity - each brand makes lots of bikes I care nothing about. No brand commands my loyalty and some brands have too much of an earned reputation for an ugly attitude. I like to ride twisty paved roads and enjoy the company of any competent rider on any brand. My perspective is to figure out what type of riding you like to do and then find the best bike that fits your budget for that type of riding. My BMW airhead is the perfect bike for me at this time in my life. Other BMWs, no fit.

I care nothing about brand identity - each brand makes lots of bikes I care nothing about. No brand commands my loyalty and some brands have too much of an earned reputation for an ugly attitude. I like to ride twisty paved roads and enjoy the company of any competent rider on any brand. My perspective is to figure out what type of riding you like to do and then find the best bike that fits your budget for that type of riding. My BMW airhead is the perfect bike for me at this time in my life. Other BMWs, no fit.

The paragraph above pretty much sums it up except for me, at this point in my life, the bike is a Buell....
Well said, Manfred

I am not going to "challenge" you, but I own/have owned a few of the Red S's.

Currently in the garage are Miss Busa (02 Hayabusa) two DR650's, one Blue and one Yellow, a DR125L, and a water Suzuki, a DT15C (outboard motor) and 4 wheel Suzuki's include two XL7 and a Grand Vitara. My son has an Equator pickup, my daughter has an XL7 and my other son has a Grand Vitara.

My garage has three garage door size Suzuki MC posters on in it. My kids have been described as those Suzuki Kids. People have asked if when I get cut if little red S's come out instead of blood.

I had a DL1000 V Strom, a Suzuki Reno, 5 Grand Vitaras, a Suzuki Sidekick, an Esteem and a Swift and two Suzuki Outboard Motors, a DT150 and a DT200. My two son's first bike was a GS500.

I have worked for a Honda dealer, raced both Yamaha's and Kawasaki's, owned a Benelli, a Honda, a Kawasaki, a BMW, a couple Yamahas, a Bridgestone, and own now a 250 Ninja, and a 70 Lifan.

Does the above make me eligible for acceptance in the Mr. Suzuki run off?:lol2:

Wow! :bow::bow::bow: Impressive.

This gonna make me cry... I want them all back.

9 - Kawasaki
5 - Honda
3 - Suzuki
3 - Hodaka
1 - BMW
1 - HD
1 - Penton
1 - Ossa
1 - Bultaco
1 - Allstate
1 - Riverside
1 - Bonanza (one of those Briggs&Stratton things)

:rider:

-

Brand loyalty is like having a whole box of various types of chocolates and only eating one. :rider: 'em all.

Something tells me Tim K. will win this with Kawasaki loyalty. He seems to like them old or new. Not a bad thing really.

Well, I haven't been completely faithful to Kawasaki Heavy Industries over the years. There were some Suzukis, a Yamaha, a Honda, and a catalog minibike along the way. That said, I've owned nothing but Kawasakis since 1999.

My comprehensive list of past and presently owned Kawasakis by year:

1973 S1A Mach I
1978 KZ1000 Limited
1982 KZ440
1984 454 Limited
1986 VN750
1992 ZX600RR
2000 ZX-6R
2003 ZX-7R
2004 ZRX1200RR

That's nine, which ties me with Stephen. So far, I guess that makes us the co-rulers of Kawasakidom.

how many of a brand you have owned :Yamaha 18
over how long a span of years you've owned them :34 years
if you have owned other brands Yes: Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda
if you were a racer for a certain brand : Yamaha
did you sell a certain brand :No, but I helped Yamaha
how many you own now: 2
any brand tatoos :No
if you named any of your kids, dogs, or bulls after a brand or model bike:No
if your garage is decked out in brand banners and posters :Yes and No

Brand loyalty is like having a whole box of various types of chocolates and only eating one. :rider: 'em all.

That's one way to look at it, but it's like pulling for 32 NFL teams each week. ;-) I'm a loyal Texans fan!

Well, I haven't been completely faithful to Kawasaki Heavy Industries over the years. There were some Suzukis, a Yamaha, a Honda, and a catalog minibike along the way. That said, I've owned nothing but Kawasakis since 1999.

My comprehensive list of past and presently owned Kawasakis by year:

1973 S1A Mach I
1978 KZ1000 Limited
1982 KZ440
1984 454 Limited
1986 VN750
1992 ZX600RR
2000 ZX-6R
2003 ZX-7R
2004 ZRX1200RR

That's nine, which ties me with Stephen. So far, I guess that makes us the co-rulers of Kawasakidom.

I knew you'd be up there somewhere.

how many of a brand you have owned :Yamaha 18
over how long a span of years you've owned them :34 years
if you have owned other brands Yes: Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda
if you were a racer for a certain brand : Yamaha
did you sell a certain brand :No, but I helped Yamaha
how many you own now: 2
any brand tatoos :No
if you named any of your kids, dogs, or bulls after a brand or model bike:No
if your garage is decked out in brand banners and posters :Yes and No

I think you're in the lead for Mr. Yamaha!

Oh, and the list of things were just examples, you know, things that may pertain to each of us or not.

That's one way to look at it, but it's like pulling for 32 NFL teams each week. ;-) I'm a loyal Texans fan!

I knew you'd be up there somewhere.

I think you're in the lead for Mr. Yamaha!

Oh, and the list of things were just examples, you know, things that may pertain to each of us or not.
Did I say that out loud? Never mind!

Last edited:
That's one way to look at it, but it's like pulling for 32 NFL teams each week. ;-) I'm a loyal Texans fan!. ...

I'm sorry. Maybe you can get therapy for that.

I don't root for brands much, just the individual racers. After all, no way I'm going to continue rooting for a brand when they sign some jerk (Fabrizio) to ride their bikes. I'd rather root for a good racer on a crappy bike (Rossi on Yamaha) and hope they do well.

I have owned several brands but Kawasakis are the brand I would call my favorite. The Kawasakis have been excellent bikes with virtually no issues, except the GPZ305 and that was just sticky carbs.

81 LTD 250
83 KZ750
83 GPZ305
85 Ninja 900 >> 1st favorite
08 Councours

plus 2 Yamahas, 3 Hondas and 1 Suzuki

My favaorite Kawi...

Attachments

• TX Scooter Times a.jpg
    TX Scooter Times a.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 142
6 Hondas
2 Suzukis
3 Yamahas
1 Triumph
3 BMWs
1 KTM
1 Kawasaki

That is only over a 20 year span. I got a late start :mrgreen:

I don't really have any brand loyalty per se. There are just certain bikes I like that happen to be a particular brand.

1 Suzuki
1 Yamaha
1 HD
2 Triumph
4 Kawasaki
With a 30 year break in the middle
If I had to pick one brand, it would be Kawasaki.

Started out Honda loyal then ended up BMW.

Honda - 2
Suzuki -1
Yamaha - 1
BMW - 4

I’m far from brand loyal. I go with whatever meets my criteria at the time. Typically that comes down to price and availability (I buy almost exclusively used) at the time. In my lifetime I’ve owned four Hondas, two Yamahas, one Kawasaki, two Suzukis, and one Vor. I had a couple of other dirt bikes as a kid, but I was too young to remember what they were.

I guess I am a Honda guy then.
1- Yamaha
7- Hondas
I currently really like the DCT offerings from Honda.
Never been left stranded on one of my Hondas ever.

Back