• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycle Cannonball

Pretty sure the 1909 was not on display. There were some bikes in the pit area, it may have been there.

From talking with some of the people in the pit area it sounded like the display was one of the daily requirements. But I do not know that for sure.

Thought I would post a couple of photos of my favorite things I saw.

Just really liked the authentic look of this one and the Wall of Death on the tank. The hammer being handy on the tool roll is a big plus also. (am guessing the fire extinguisher may be required)

wall-of-death.jpg

The open valve trains is a reminder of just how far things have came in 100 years. Also like the 4 cylinders and overall simple complexity. Does that make sense?

open-valve-train-2.jpg

open-valve-train.jpg

This one was on display and was beautiful. Gary pointed out the drive chain which was on the other side and looks more like a bicycle chain style chain to me. Also has an empty sprocket on the left side, interesting.

merkel.jpg

Then rolled in the sidecar. Pretty cool, after all who would not want a navigator along.

sidecar.jpg

And finally the Texans. Of course they had to do it up big and had the hats to prove it. Also riding two up is pretty amazing considering the trip they are on.

texans-2-up.jpg

Not sure I would have the patience for this but sure glad some people do.

Back