• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas (2021 version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
d7717e57ba1e71a0a2315fdba3f005df.jpg

Mine is a big number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the e-mail from them today saying over 1200 registered.

Trying to decide if I want to do their Sept 11 event or not, and if I do, do I stay just the 10th, or 10th and 11th?

Looks like people are getting out and about this year on the tour.

Last year we only bumped into one person on the Tour and that was at a hotel in Marathon.

Yesterday we bumped into 4 people riding together at a stop in Paris, 2 at the stop in Sulphur Springs, and 1 at the 3 stops in Gladewater.

We had nice visits with everyone. It was great to get out on a beautiful Spring day.

We did 8 stops yesterday and have 3 more today on the way home.
f8521f0a230bf57668cdc2eb56ee161b.jpg
bb74e6c250ab5bddd3219afa705b334a.jpg
2c704ae596e6b2a82c429b6d71022c85.jpg

I have only been off 1 day since it opened, and had a bunch of stuff to do around the house.
I am off tomorrow, but am working on my daughters friends car, not sure how long that will take (power steering pump on an '04 Expedition, and maybe more).
Tuesday/Wednesday weather looks iffy, and then I work again till next Monday.

I already have routes mapped for 8 of them in 3 separate day trips, and another for 7 stops on a 2 day trip.

Got my bags packed, I am leaving this coming weekend for a 6 day ride to tag 33 stops. I am really looking forward to getting away on my bike for a few days. I work in a refinery, the freeze shut us down for over a month, and we have not really had any days off since….I need the break.

I only managed this tag, and only because it was right down the road from me.

fc17d7525079c6b16b9e9a688303bbf3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The photo submittal process was a learning process. I couldn't do it from my phone. The drop down menu's didn't work.

The photo submittal process was a learning process. I couldn't do it from my phone. The drop down menu's didn't work.
Thats strange, I have submitted all mine using my phone.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Wow. You might need to contact them and get them to send you another. It sounds like the postal service might have lost it.
I sent an eMail to the Tour Coordinator, got an immediate reply, but have heard back or seen anything in snail mail. Tomorrow will be a week; maybe he got busy.

Later, Bud...

For those that don't read/don't get the newsletter, stop # 40 has changed.

It was VA Dogs of Texas in Kerrville, but they are in the process of moving.

The new site is the Kerrville National Cemetery, just up the street from where VA Dogs was, google address is 203 Spur 100, Kerrville, TX 78028.

The new site is the Kerrville National Cemetery, just up the street from where VA Dogs was, google address is 203 Spur 100, Kerrville, TX 78028.
Thanks for the update. I get the newsletter, but don't always read it.

Yes, thanks for the heads-up. I didn't read that newsletter apparently.

Found out this morning that my registration was never processed. Ya'll have a Grand Tour and a safe ride.

Later, Bud...

Found out this morning that my registration was never processed. Ya'll have a Grand Tour and a safe ride.

Later, Bud...

that sucks. You can still do the ride, you just won’t get the certificate. You can make your own certificate though.

My flag still hasn't arrived. I called David -- he gave me my number and I made my own. :)

Heck, you will be done by the end of April at this rate.

I still have 0 done.
Was feeling under the weather earlier this week when I was planning on getting 6 or so of them, and have been working all the other days.
Monday I plan on getting out and getting some though .

Heck, you will be done by the end of April at this rate.

I still have 0 done.
Was feeling under the weather earlier this week when I was planning on getting 6 or so of them, and have been working all the other days.
Monday I plan on getting out and getting some though .
Not likely done in April. Linda and I do this together and she is going to be out of town for a couple weeks in April. We have two more stops today before getting back home.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

I've just done two so far - Gruene H-D and the Gonzales County Jail Museum. I don't think all 50 are in the cards until I retire, but I hope to do at least 25 to get the patch. I'll be fully COVID vaccinated by late April, and I hope by that time the pollen is done kicking my *** too, so am looking forward to extended trips to knock 'em out.

I wished there were some stops in The Valley. I've lived in TX since '99 and have yet to get down there. I found some cool places down there that I suggested for future tours.

Last edited:
I found some cool places down there that I suggested for future tours.
I think that is an important thing to remember, we can all suggest sites to visit. Seems about 1/2 the list is the same as last year, and I think for this thing to grow, it needs to have a lot of variety each year to keep it from getting stale. I have put in 2 so far (the K-T-M caboose in Katy and the Stephen F Austin statue in Lake Jackson).
I have a few others I am thinking of, but want to make sure they are accessible for a pic with the bike.

And yes, the pollen stinks. I had 5 days off last week to do some riding, but was just to light headed to do any distance riding with all the sinus stuff going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back