• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Motorcycle lift/parking rack

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
FA283927-479D-4900-98B3-FE65C6FEFCA8.jpeg

C132BA42-6EC8-4094-BCF3-EE050373B8EC.jpeg

345A77AC-AB93-48EB-9456-422C9DFA0B3F.jpeg

81F45FD0-7B84-4EA3-B5DB-1121F3A4F847.jpeg

I no longer have a motorcycle and want to pass this onto someone else. I used this to store my Goldwing 90 inches in the air so I could park my car underneath it. I would ride onto it and put the kickstand down on a piece that juts out on the left side. It easily lifted my bike. It has a hydraulic tank, pump and motor. The motor is wired for 220v but can be converted to 120v. The mast is from a Toyota forklift and is welded onto a 1/2” steel plate that has to be bolted to the floor. It was assembled by me and I cannot vouch for it being safe to use. Use it at your own risk. I have used it for over 10 years. The whole assembly weighs around 1,000 pounds. I used a forklift to install it and it will probably take one to remove it. It is free to anyone willing to remove it without damaging my garage. If no one wants it, I will end up cutting it up and selling it as scrap metal.

I should add that I live in the Heights area of Houston.

Last edited:
Ok that is the coolest thing. Wish I was closer.

You and me both! I need this!

Just measured, I'll need a taller garage too.

But that thing is VERY cool!
You don’t have to raise it all the way. It goes even higher than I mentioned. That is just where I set the cutoff switch so I don’t put it through the ceiling and into our bedroom.

That thing is AWESOME! Great job on an outside the box solution to a problem.

You don’t have to raise it all the way. It goes even higher than I mentioned. That is just where I set the cutoff switch so I don’t put it through the ceiling and into our bedroom.
I measured my shortest bike, and then to put another bike under it, I'd need a higher ceiling. Still very cool. Wish I was closer, had a taller ceiling, and a forklift.

Just don’t try to roll your bike forward while in the air and on the sidestand. :duck:

If I were in better health, I’d be willing to open up my garage ceiling to accommodate it.

Hope you find a taker Chuck; it is a quality lift and would be a shame to have to cut it up.

That thing is wonderful. I love machines that are totally purposeful and different from anything else. The only problem I would have is that I have 8 motorcycles. Of course it could be an excellent lift for a mezzanine in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop, where I could store any number of heavy items. However, that would be a lot of work. Of course I have lots of 220vac power outlets...

I’ve got several rails I use for servicing bike on now , that l move around with my forklift and that would fit in with them very nicly , been kinda thinking about some racking to store them stacked out of the way .

Excellent idea & execution. My ceiling is too low as is many folks. Can't even get my truck into the garage! Im local but must "admire it" from afar.

Just don’t try to roll your bike forward while in the air and on the sidestand. :duck:

If I were in better health, I’d be willing to open up my garage ceiling to accommodate it.

Hope you find a taker Chuck; it is a quality lift and would be a shame to have to cut it up.
Who in their right mind would try and move a bike around while it's 8 feet in the air? :shrug:

View attachment 341290

View attachment 341291

View attachment 341292

View attachment 341293

I no longer have a motorcycle and want to pass this onto someone else. I used this to store my Goldwing 90 inches in the air so I could park my car underneath it. I would ride onto it and put the kickstand down on a piece that juts out on the left side. It easily lifted my bike. It has a hydraulic tank, pump and motor. The motor is wired for 220v but can be converted to 120v. The mast is from a Toyota forklift and is welded onto a 1/2” steel plate that has to be bolted to the floor. It was assembled by me and I cannot vouch for it being safe to use. Use it at your own risk. I have used it for over 10 years. The whole assembly weighs around 1,000 pounds. I used a forklift to install it and it will probably take one to remove it. It is free to anyone willing to remove it without damaging my garage. If no one wants it, I will end up cutting it up and selling it as scrap metal.

I should add that I live in the Heights area of Houston.
Thanks for all the interest. However, the lift is gone. It went late last week to someone that will use it.

Back