• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycle Rental programs

Reaction score
I've noticed a few motorcycle rental companies are popping up. Kinda like AirBnB for motorcycles. Have any of you participated in either end? Have you rented for use? Have you rented out one of the many bikes just sitting in your garage?

It's been several years since I looked at renting a bike. What I found then was super expensive - cheaper to rent a Mustang or Camaro. Or heck, maybe a Jaguar.

If you're finding some places that look to have reasonable prices, maybe you could post some links. I wouldn't mind taking a look at them.

My initial reaction is, no way would I rent any one of my bikes to a stranger.

if I know you, I might offer you one. But then I certainly would not charge you.

Funny, just sitting here reading from PJ (who pops in here from time to time) that runs Sportbikes4hire.com in Maryville TN (near the Dragon) and while he only had a handful of wrecked bikes all last season he's already on like his 4th. I've learned enough from being friends with him that no way would I ever do that.

One site is twistedroad.com.

I have not rented (either direction) yet but would consider both. Haven't needed/wanted to yet. Owners set the rental price for their own bikes.

There are some protections in place for the owner.

Funny, just sitting here reading from PJ (who pops in here from time to time) that runs Sportbikes4hire.com in Maryville TN (near the Dragon)...
Funny you mention them... I've used Sportbikes4hire.com several years ago when I had a 30 hour Knoxville overnight in the middle of one of my trips as a pilot. I coordinated with them in advance, and they delivered the bike right to the hotel for me, and picked it up the next day. One of the better experiences I've had.

I put 300+ miles on her that day through the Smokies, Cherohala Skyway, US-129, and running the Dragon about 10 times as well. ;)

Last edited:
Funny you mention them... I've used Sportbikes4hire.com several years ago when I had a 30 hour Knoxville overnight in the middle of one of my trips as a pilot. I coordinated with them in advance, and they delivered the bike right to the hotel for me, and picked it up the next day. One of the better experiences I've had.

I put 300+ miles on her that day through the Smokies, Cherohala Skyway, US-129, and running the Dragon about 10 times as well. ;)

View attachment 234626
Wow, what a photo. It tells all the story that needs to be told. Twisty road, lean angle tells the speed, and you can even see a little of your face.

Back